Interesting morning jumping! And a bizarre disaster!

catembi

Visit site
We went off to a local venue for SJ today! This week has been a bit hit and miss for riding - torrential rain stopping play, then yesterday my hay turned up so late that I then didn't have time to hack before it got dark, so I was hoping he'd be good & not too fresh. He started warming up nicely, but then suddenly came over all excited - head up, tail up followed by back humping & general leaping about. It really did not feel at all safe up there & I was going to withdraw & take him home. But then I thought, ****it, let's see what happens if I grab hold of my pommel strap & give him a kick instead of being wet? So that's what I did, & it actually worked! And the next time he started curling up & humping, I did it again, then he wound his neck in & got on with it!

We had one down in the 60 cm, but not the one that we ought to have had down, IYSWIM. He was also being looky so we had a few swerves from spooking at things outside the arena, so it all needed quite a lot of careful piloting. Then we did the 70 cm as well which was up to height & had one down in that as well - jumped into the double too big. He was concentrating for that one & some of it was not bad at all. There is plenty of untapped scope there.

And then a bit of a disaster! I always have my poo scooper with me, so picked up my poo from the lorry park & went to chuck it on the muck heap. There was a big puddle in front of it, so I thought, I will tread on it very carefully so as not to splash myself...and it turned out to be knee deep! Thank goodness I had changed into my tatty old muckers & wasn't wearing either my comp boots or my nice trainers! Knee deep in pooey muck heap water in my white breeches...!!!!!! Luckily I had some bits of kitchen roll, so took off my boots & socks, dried my feet & put my trainers on with bare feet, & had to get our rosette like that! The breeches actually washed out, much to my surprise, but the muckers are a write-off. Why do these things always happen to me...??!!!!!

Bernster

Visit site
Oh blurk! That’s so funny, sorry! I’m so similar, I freeze when he gets snorty or fresh but really what I should do is give him a boot and tell him to get on with it.