Internet shop

Malibu

Visit site
I nkow its a little early in the morning to be on the comp posting but...........
At school we have the chance of do the Young Enterprise scheme for business management, as i would liek to go on and study business at school, it is therefore important that i particapte in the scheme.

I have had a few ideas, two of which the teacher liked alot. She menioned in the brief about all of this about an ebay shop, i didnt think much about it but now i quite like the idea of doing an equine store (just small) We can chose to give profits or some profit to charity and i thought it would be pretty awesome to donate to different equine charitys.

Its all very vague right now as just thought about it more last 20 mins! the items i was thinking would equine, i have a few brand new equine products here that i know would sell and heres the other part which im still not sure about, selling on behalf so iof someone dosnt have the time and just cant be bothered with selling on ebay, i would do it all and and they give me a percenateg of the selling price, what do you think?

Also what items would you suggest, i was thinking things ranging from a few rugs, most of which would be mine, to bridles. is there anything that you would like to see on ebay, anything unusal or brands that you would like to see on ebay?

kind regards and thanks in advance!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

JaneMBE

Visit site
You have to be 18 to be a seller on ebay
confused.gif
I think.
Maybe a huge equestrian sale at your yard instead?
I tend not to buy used rugs on ebay, I like to see condition first, also numnahs etc. Only because I once bought some numnahs and they looked and sounded good... they were thin and worn and only good for dogs beds lol.

not much help sorry!

Malibu

Visit site
the ebay account is set up in the parents name as alot of the other businesses also have to have accounts so they have to ge ta perent or gaurdian to have the bank account in their name. all my rutgs are new, too big ro just impulse and never used, i dont buy used stuff on ebay so it will all mostly be new, maybe a few used items

JaneMBE

Visit site
lol, I know about impulse buying!
Sounds like a good idea in theory. Not sure about selling on behalf of others because you end up with the feedback, which may not always be good!

Bits, parts of bridles rather than whole ones (like throat lash etc) which get broken, that's what I would look for and buy (have got many useless bridles as cant get bits to replace)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Selling items for people on Ebay & taking a percentage is fine, there are already companies that do this sort of thing. If you do this you also have to remember that the owner of the item will also be responsible for the ebay fees even if the item doesn't sell. If it does sell there are final auction price fees & again more fees if the item is paid for by Paypal. Then of course there would be your percentage. Selling small relatively cheap items is easy but wether you could make money at it after expenses is debatable. Of course many sellers inflate the postage rate & call it 'sellers standard rate' and that way they increase their profits.

I think you need to think about this for more than 20 minutes before you take the plunge. Additionally where are you going to get your customers from to sell their items? How are you going to advertise for them + the cost of that advertising.

I don't want to shoot you downbut you must have a really good think about it. Good Luck with whatever you do.

Salcey

Visit site
Having sold on ebay for a few years I'd agree wholeheartedly with Toby_Zaphod, its really hard to make any kind of profit there.
Would it be worth hold a swopshop and taking donations for items? I think theres probably a big market for swopping to 'try out' items such as nosebands and bits etc. and charging a small fee for doing so.
You could possibly try it from a website, but might be easier to get a yard or two interested instead. - just an idea!