Internet warning!!!

KarenX

Visit site
If you think you are safe behind a computer screen.. think again!
shocked.gif

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/17112006/356/web-rage-attack-man-jailed.html

Shocking stuff!
confused.gif

huggz

Visit site
I'm amazed at the amount of personal details people divulge over the internet.
It wouldn't take a genius to track down a person with whom you've had on online spatt would it ?
That guy could have been killed
shocked.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
no wonder really this happened then. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You believe that.
shocked.gif

So if you were to have a disagreement with someone in the street/pub/restaurant or whatever, you would expect them to track you down to your house brandishing weapons?

Tia

Visit site
Really? Not so sure about that. Anyone who goes to that sort of length to make their point probably has no trouble finding other suitable victims.

Tia

Visit site
And this is why Internet chatrooms and forums have the reputation they have. We're all weirdo's, LOL!!
grin.gif

thelwell

Visit site
all so to add its not just posting your details people can make up your id on the net just from snippets for fraud just keep personal details secure and if you have some unusual spellings of names dont use them
nearly all the sites are fed to search forums like google and name keywords can often locate a person posting on sites or some times addreses

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And this is why Internet chatrooms and forums have the reputation they have. We're all weirdo's, LOL!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who you calling a weirdo
mad.gif

*....Pass me the bread knife.......*

Tia

Visit site
Well all I can say is "my breadknife's bigger than yours!!" Don't you know everything in North America is bigger!!
grin.gif

jemima

Visit site
Because of this please could anyone who has opened a photobucket account recently check that their account is set to private - otherwise you are letting people see much more of your lives thatnyou may have intended. Also please be aware that it is possible to track down, say, your eBay user id if you use the same pb account on here and on eBay and then if you sell they have your address . . .

That's how I ended up here - a user on a forum I normally post on was causing a great deal of upset and by chance we found her on here when she posted the same upsetting picture but with a different story. . She's still spinning her yarns and causing a bit of worry but you all seem a lot calmer and more sensible than I'm used to. - thank goodness. Anyway I sort of got trapped and can't find the way out of here - or that's what it feels like!

Hope this helps someone (anyone) be more secure.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I sort of got trapped and can't find the way out of here - or that's what it feels like!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!! It happened to you too?? Same happened to me almost 3 years ago.
grin.gif

eekmon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
. .

That's how I ended up here - a user on a forum I normally post on was causing a great deal of upset and by chance we found her on here when she posted the same upsetting picture but with a different story. . She's still spinning her yarns and causing a bit of worry but you all seem a lot calmer and more sensible than I'm used to. - thank goodness. Anyway I sort of got trapped and can't find the way out of here - or that's what it feels like!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huuummm.......wonder who that was then..... ?