Introducing Blackie, our new boy (hopefully)!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Hi all,

I would like to induce your all to mine and GinaGem’s new boy Blackie!

We have been keeping quiet as we wasn’t sure whether it was going to happen or not but as long as Blackie passes his health check (yes before anyone shouts we aren’t having a full vetting but that’s our risk) on Thursday then he’s all ours.

Blackie is 4 year old, just broken coloured cob!

Not the best photo but we will get more when he comes home, hopefully on the weekend!
Blackie1.jpg

Blackie is the one in the middle, these were the three we narrowed it down too. The first one, Tarzan was only 3 and we thought 4 would be better, and David the one on the right, Gina didn’t like his white face as much.
IMG_1536.jpg

Isn’t he cute! What do you think, ok be kind non-cob people!?!

JoElla (Who now becomes JoEllaOttoBlackie)

dwi

Visit site
Almost as cute as my coloured mare Daisy, lovely to have four white socks but I don't envy you having to wash that tail

A shame he's snipped or they could have cute little coloured foals

Hornby

Visit site
He looks lovely, how big is he? What are the plans for him (and where is he coming from, I want one please....PM me if necessary but they all look grand types)

Claireg9

Visit site
Hes a sweety even though im not a big coloured cob fan, doesnt it make you want all three though??
There field looks a little water logged too, more like a hippo field!
Bless them x

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
He's definitely the nicest of the three. Are you going to keep his name though? I would be tempted to change it to something more, um, dynamic?!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Hi there,

Blackie is 15hh, he is four and has just been broken so is going to need quite a bit of work. He is so friendly though, whenever you turned round he was there. He was the first one to come trotting up to us when we went in to the field. I think there were 17 in all to choose from so if you are interested I can give you the name and number of the place I got him from. Not sure how much you were looking to pay but we brought him for £2700, which sounds a lot for a cob but he’s confirmation is very good and he has a temperament to die for.

Let me know if you want that number because I can totally recommend the place, we went back three times before we decided which one we wanted!

We have brought Blackie as experience more then anything else, the idea is to do a bit of everything on him and make him a safe, well schooled, fun all-rounder. We were looking at the unbroken ones but decided as Blackie was 4 as opposed to three he would be better for us.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes, I think he's going to stay as Blackie (I know not what I would have chosen but hey), his show name is Black Thunder!!

Yes I thought he was the nicest from the start but he was the most expensive, but that's me!

I'm not one for changing there names really, a bit superstitious!

Alibear

Visit site
He is nice but personally on looks alone I rather like David although he looks a bit down hill in his photo.

So is this a place that just breeds loads and loads of coloured cobs then? Sounds like a fantastic way to view.

Wish theyd do that with sports horses but they're too expensive to produce.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Its funny isn't it how you are either a cob person or your not! GinaGem (my sister) is not a cob person but I persuaded her a cob was the way to go for youngster experience rather then a Warmblood (the yard where we are getting Blackie is a mixture or Gypsy Cobs and Warmbloods).

But even Gina would admit to having a soft spot for his character and temperament!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes David had a wonderful movement, but Gina just didn’t like the white face, which is fair enough, you either do or you don’t. And we had to get something we both liked as we are both paying money towards him. Just like the other little Coloured had a wall eye which I like, but I know some people don’t.

This place had loads of Warmbloods too, they are all mixed in the barn (in different stalls) together. It was quite a sight but all the horses were stunning. You can see why it took us 3 visits to make a decision on which one we liked best and we choose Blackie because of his friendliness and temperament, very chilled!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Aww he is so cute! Best of luck with him!

Did you get him from East Sussex by any chance? Just I know a place near me where there is literally soooo many coloured cobs all turned out in this huge field. My mum always stops there on her way back from work to admire them!
smile.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
I don't like cobs but he does look very cute & I agree that he's the nicest! I would HAVE to pull (not hog) that mane, give the tail a good chop & seriously clip off those feather though!!! I'm sure I'll get told off by all cob people for saying that but I really hate feathers - there's nothing worse than a horse going round a dressage test or jumping showjumps with feathers flying all over the place!! Apologies to all the tens of people I've just insulted!

I like the show name!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
No chance misses those feathers are staying and you won’t be persuading me otherwise, if I see you lurking with a pair of clippers I won’t be happy, he, he!

Thanks though, bet you’re shocked we are buying a cob aren’t you?

juliehannah58

Visit site
A thousand cobs!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

My mum would be in heaven! LOL!

Agree about his feathers, I have just chopped our 2yr olds all off as although she had a bit of hair she isn't heavy boned at all and it just didn't suit her, he however suits his hair!
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I know, if money was no object I would definitely have had more!

Yeap, I like my coloured cobs o-natural-al. The show cobs are different but I think I would cry if someone hogged Blackie’s mane, saying that might think differently in the middle of winter when there is loads of mud!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Umm, will see in the middle of winter when he's covered in mud. I don’t think he would be that heavy under all that hair! I can’t wait to ride him, it will be like getting back on Ella!

Happytohack

Visit site
He is gorgeous - I am a real coloured cob fan. Word or warning though - the white tail! Wish you lots of luck keeping it clean - at least he is a gelding and won't pee on it, which is Tilly's favourite trick. I love him, well done!

GinaGem

Visit site
Hi ya everyone,

Here's another picture of Blackie - you can't see so much of him but it's nice to see him moving. he certainly has a lovely nature.

IMG_1524.jpg

My mare is grey so i'm fairly used to them being orange/brown rather than white. She regularly poo's down her tail and wee's down her legs!!! Lovely!

xxx