Introducing my 4yo, pics + vids

monkeybum13

Visit site
I have been nagged and nagged to introduce my ‘new’ boy to the forum so here goes.

The first bit is a very sad bit and I will keep it short so I don’t get upset, in the summer my lovely mare Lacey was put to sleep. She was only 8, far too young to be crippled with arthritis like she was. She was an amazing horse and gave me so much fun charging around the Beaufort country jumping anything and everything.

My instructor told us of a 4yo KWPN he had for sale and thought he would be perfect for us. We went and tried him and new he was the horse for us, he is beautifully mannered, sane and Neil has done such a fantastic job with schooling him and bringing him on. His passport name is ‘Eco Warrior’ and we decided on Wally for short which suits him perfectly.
He settled into his new home like a dream and spends most of his time sleeping! This is my first ride on him at home.
969696_10151507894337987_1831822225_n.jpg

He enjoyed his 4th Birthday :p
1013497_10151523744972987_412264746_n.jpg

He has been perfect to hack both alone and in company. He often leads older horses passed tractors and buses. Not long after we got him home he needed some wolf teeth removed so for nearly 2 months schooling was minimal because he was in a hackamore. Once he was back in his bit we took him to his first SJ round. The jumps were tiny but he was very good. Video:
[video=youtube_share;uoNuH32Vcpw]http://youtu.be/uoNuH32Vcpw[/video]

He then went for his first dressage competition. Scores weren’t great but we were thoroughly pleased with him. He gained 59% for his walk and trot and 60% for his prelim. Video:
[video=youtube_share;c5fxdTGZ2S8]http://youtu.be/c5fxdTGZ2S8[/video]
1003368_10151611865417987_1231761842_n.jpg

We then went off to West Wilts. He decided that halfway through both tests he would be a nappy little ****. The score sheet reads 7,8,7,1,7,7 :eek:
1238996_10151640028742987_1091476165_n.jpg

We then discovered some discomfort in his mouth so decided to give him a month off to chill out and let everything sink in mentally. He spent most of his holidays sleeping :rolleyes:
1239732_560461734019022_1384118983_n.jpg

A couple of weeks ago we brought him back into work. The first day I schooled him you wouldn’t realise he’d had a break, he schooled like a saint as per usual. His jumping is even better than before, he gives me so much confidence I can’t wait to compete him SJ over the winter.
Fast forward to today we took him autumn hunting for the first time along with his stable mate. Well what can I say, Wally was a superstar. He stood like a rock at the meet, walked along the road when everyone charged passed and was a saint. Waited for gates quietly, fell asleep at covers, walks on the buckle when others canter by and lollops along in canter without a hint of pulling.
His belly got the better of him when waiting
1381660_10151724578817987_1130396742_n.jpg

1382956_10151724583982987_898720339_n.jpg

Next Saturday he’s off for team selection for RC winter dressage. I’m not expecting everything but it will all be good experience. Hopefully I will be writing lots of successful competition reports in the future ;)

Lolo

Visit site
Very sorry to hear about Lacey, a very difficult but sensible decision.

Wally looks lovely, very smart and very happy. Love the sleeping photos! Typical teenage boy :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Looks like he is going to be a whole lot of fun and a lovely horse to own. Hope you continue in the way you've started out :smile3:

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Sorry to hear about Lacey, such a shame.
Your new lad is really, really lovely- I like him a lot. He looks very genuine! IMO test scores seemed quite harsh, I thought he gave you a lovely ride, if a little tense, but that's only him being young.

siennamum

Visit site
You make such a great pair. I am doing winter dressage for a laugh. I am on Rusty, just to entertain everyone. Hopefully see you there.

monkeybum13

Visit site
Very sorry to hear about Lacey, a very difficult but sensible decision.

Wally looks lovely, very smart and very happy. Love the sleeping photos! Typical teenage boy :D
Thank you. His stable is like a typical teenage boy’s room, he is very messy.

Sorry to hear about your mare.

Your new boy looks lovely, very grown up for a 4 year old :)
Thanks, he’s 4 going on 14 

Looks like he is going to be a whole lot of fun and a lovely horse to own. Hope you continue in the way you've started out :smile3:
He is so easy, I hope we have lots and lots of fun ;)

He looks like a fantastic chap - it's lovely when they have obvious talent, but are so laid back. Enjoy!
Thank you :D

Sorry about your mare x

Wally is very smart, and what a good boy he is, a very exciting prospect for the future!
Thanks, I miss Lacey so much. Wally isn’t my usual ‘type’ but his type is certainly growing on me!

Sorry to hear about Lacey, such a shame.
Your new lad is really, really lovely- I like him a lot. He looks very genuine! IMO test scores seemed quite harsh, I thought he gave you a lovely ride, if a little tense, but that's only him being young.
The low %s are my fault, I hadn’t ridden a dressage test in about a year and went to pot resulting in him picking up on my tension. At least the first test back is over and done with now.

sorry to hear about Lacey - but this new boy looks smashing, I like! :)
He is rather likeable, cheeky sod

You make such a great pair. I am doing winter dressage for a laugh. I am on Rusty, just to entertain everyone. Hopefully see you there.
It would be nice to make the team and see you there, rock on Rusty!

Sorry about your mare I had to make the same heart breaking decision this year.

Wally looks fab what a lovely boy x
Sorry to read that, its never easy is it 

Wow Wally looks fab, what's his breeding? I'm very jealous of how laid back he is! Long may it continue.
http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/502714
The thoroughbred blood must be lost in him, there is nothing TB about him which is a shame, I love TBs.

monkeybum13

Visit site
I'm so sorry about Lacy :( :( but what a lovely boy Wally is :) :)

She was such a special horse we miss her terribly. Wally is nothing like her, their characters are completely different, I didn't want a horse with a similar personality to compare or 'replace' her.

Very smart! Some lovely breeding.

I know nothing about breeding so didn't know if it is good or bad :eek: