Introducing Narramore Xena (at around 12 hours old..)

spaniel

Visit site
What a super colour...she is very pretty HH.
laugh.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
16.2hh. we sold her sister Lady who has apparently had a stunning dark bay colt, I must email that lady to ask for a pic..
Lots of handling to do now, CCJ is very good with the foals, this little madam leapt high in the air when sprayed with powder today, I wished I'd been quicker with the camera!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
A jumper in the making then
wink.gif

Thought the mare looked quite big......you must be over the moon with her. Here's hoping that your good luck with them continues
smile.gif

Bethxx

lisaward

Visit site
stunning baby hh,have you any more due?
is this the mare you were talking about that had such a nice foal last time they covered her late??
i can see why if they are anything like her !!!!!

henryhorn

No thank goodness this is the last one this year. After last year's awful happenings we had decided to sell most of the broodmares, then I looked out and saw P and CCJ covering this mare..Looks like we were keeping her then!
She is a nice mare but unbroken, only 7 years old and by Michael's Revenge ex a Monsun mare. Monsun was Grade A sj and Advanced dressage, the only stallion to do this in the uk. So her bloodlines are excellent.
The two year old gelding is looking really nice hence their decision to breed her again. She will hopefully catch this time on the foaling heat and be earlier next year.

lisaward

Visit site
well i really like the look of the mare too, i hope she catches on the foal heat.
my mare looks like she is coming into season tomorrow thanks for your and simply nutty's help i hate my mares away from me and must admit i do worry a touch prematurely!!

mariond

Visit site
What a lovely crop of foals you have had. Sorry to ask as I am sure it is here in a previous post but what stallion/stallions do you keep and do you just use them on your own mares or do you stand them ? Are there any photos on your blogspot ?

henryhorn

the original stallion is now 24 and not very fertile, the younger one is a belgian x TB who is the sire of all the foals this year. We rarely take in any outside mares (we used to take in quite a few) as we aren't really set up properly with post and rail paddocks etc, visiting mares we put in with a few of ours.
This year I accepted one as she loved the stallion, it was easy as we only covered once the day after she arrived and being such a fertile chap she caught immediately!
The stallion is on my blog in the archives, he is called Chocloate or Harper's Bornival. There are a few pics of him, some jumping at Bicton, and one hunting.

henryhorn

The mare was bred along with around 20 others by a mad German professor living in Cornwall. He always used decent stallions and some good original brood mares, they were broken and sold by his stud groom (this mare's sister was broken at 4) and went on to event and compete well.
He seemed to have lost interest and had an auction and sold the lot.
We saw two 16.2hh brood mares advertised in the local yellow paper one New Year and being bored decided to go and have a look at one as we felt the ones we had were a bit small.
When we arrived the chap with the mares was living in a wooden hut in the woods, both mares were up to their hocks in liquid mud and miserable. This mare had massively cracked feet and was lame. being daft we arranged to buy both.
When we went to collect them the mare refused to load and smashed our loading door, knocking my son into the river and running off into the woods trailing the lunge line.
Once I got them home and cleaned them up, had their feet trimmed etc they were both sound and lovely types. The man refused to say where he had got them from but mentioned their breeding.
Five nights on the net and phone ringing every breeder/farrier/show jumper in the area I'd bought them produced the German professos identity, and a number to his stud groom. I faxed her their pictures and she identified them and even faxed me a copy of the sale catalogue. Sadly the professor had by now moved onto starting a home for disturbed kids and wouldn't look for their papers, so both have ordinary passports.
We sold the dark bay mare earlier this year but this mare stayed as she is the better of the two. We may yet break and sell her depending on how the foals turn out, the gelding is beautiful and has already been bagged by CCJ as her potential event horse.
I could kick the German chap for being so difficult re any papers, but the stallion owner remembers the mares, as does the groom, so I'm confident they are the breeding I've been told. At the end of the day people will buy a good horse regardless of whether it has it's papers or not, and the youngstock can be registered via the stallion.
I bet you wish you hadn't asked now!!!