Introducing Whinnie

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
This thread is mainly for the AAD who wanted to see pics of Whin this weekend and I couldnt show them any due to the phone being rubbish.

Any way here she is, she is a 17 yr old (poss could be older) mongrel, classed as a Wire Haired Terrier. We have had her for nearly 15 years and when we got her she had kennel cough, no hair, fleas, worms and she was preggars with 6 pups all of which had different dads (she had been raped and she clearly didnt enjoy it as when we tried to breed from her again she just sat down when the boy went down the business end :D) She now has virtualy no teeth due to her life before we got her, but she still copes fine.

She is fed around 7 times a day because she likes to eat (she is not over weight in fact she has dropped weight recently) she is allowed to do exactly what ever she wants and she is our little babe and we love her so much.

So here are some pics of her

DSCN0790.jpg

in the snow with her coat on

DSCN2285.jpg

her happy face with her slightly blind eyes now due to cataracts. :(

DSCN2281.jpg

Begging, she taught her self this, or possibly her owners before us did, but any way it worked and we gave her food as she looks so cute.

I know some people will bash me for breeding out of a mongrel. but IMO they are the best dogs in the world. I wouldnt swap her for a pedigree and at one point (before we realised she didnt like the fun stuff) we had a list as long as my arm for people wanting Whinnie pups as she is the kindest, safest, most trainable dog our family had ever met.

Enjoy.

Yes she looks like a bog brush and now we dont care, we like her that way.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Lovely girl, deffo some Westie in there and what a great age.

Our old girl didn't like mating either, we took her on the boat to a German dog and she just turned her nose up at him, then tried to eat him when he tried his slick moves, but rather than stick a muzzle on her, my ma just shrugged her shoulders and took her home again :p

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
CC yeah we did think at one point Westie x JRT. When you bath her she is a true acondroplastic (sp) dwarf, she has the bandy legs and everything, she didnt pass this on to her pups though. She is a good age, I hope she lives forever as I dunno what we will do without her.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
How beautiful! You can't beat good terrier IMHO.

I used to live across the road from a lady who had a 20yo jrt, and she said the only reason he even died at 20, was because her other do leapt on him and hurt his back!

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Yeah, Kitsune, you made my day. She is very chipper today, bouncing around the kitchen this morning for her brekkie, she didn't look old at all. :D

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
She didnt when she as young. Always doing the terrier thing of disappearing off for several hours (we live practically in a woods) and coming back black, grey, green, orange, brown, or several colours in one go and always exceedingly pleased wit her self. Now she does gardening with mum and mooching about the garden and going for the odd walk, but she mainly lives inside now and sleeps a lot. Sometimes though, she goes for a jolly and appears covered in something usually smelling vile, and we have to bath her. She does get bathed about every 2 weeks though.