Introduction!

Noodles_3

Visit site
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a brief introduction as I'm new here! Didn't want to join in on posts and you all think who the hell is this randomer?!

I probably won't post too much because I don't currently have a horse or ride. I've been around horses since about 1996 and had many years of fun and loaned a beautiful welsh section d who was my world but sadly I had to give up.

I have unfortunately lost my confidence so just taking a break from horses at the moment, when I'm ready ill be back I'm sure!

So I will probably just lurk more than anything or comment if I need advice or to offer it. Just thought I'd be polite!

Thank you :) ... Oh and I wasn't to sure where to post this but I'm sure ill find my feet soon!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Welcome :)

This is the right place, Don't worry.

Are you hoping to get riding again soon? Its horrible when you lose your confidence isn't it?! I am a nervy rider also.

Noodles_3

Visit site
Thank you!

I would hope to, maybe it could be one of my goals for next year who knows?! I just got to a stage were I was acting a wimp and I was frustrating myself, I think I used to 'spook' more than my horse :rolleyes:

At the moment time and finances are holding me back also :(

I lost my confidence being bolted with, so when I'm hacking its in my head that something bad is going to happen all the time! Grrr.

cambrica

Visit site
Welcome Noodles :D
From one Welsh D lover to another I hope you find the forum as entertaining as I do. Full of good advice and good people (mostly).
Difficult for you but maybe if you save a bit and take the odd lesson to help with your confidence who knows what the future will bring :)

Native Lover

Visit site
Welcome noodles.

If you want some pony time even on the ground when it dries up give me a shout I live in Lincolnshire :)

I am sure you will soon be back riding. Its a bug you never quite lose :D

Last edited:

LaurenBay

Visit site
Ahhh I also had a bolting accident. I thought I would never hack again. 3 years on and I am hacking again and even cantering. I still always have that niggling thought though!

Noodles_3

Visit site
Oh yes you can't beat a welshie! Love them :D

Thank you for the welcomes!

Ahhh I also had a bolting accident. I thought I would never hack again. 3 years on and I am hacking again and even cantering. I still always have that niggling thought though!

Did you :( it's horrible, you sound exactly like I was/am! In a school I was fine but to hack it was awful. I remember my friend saying shall we trot and as I trotted I felt sick and out of control and the horse I was riding didn't even do anything wrong! It just felt too fast for me, I kept beating myself up about it though which probably didn't help!

One day it clicked though with my old share horse who I trusted & knew wouldn't willingly up the gears he was so lazy! (My kind of horse, haha) and I just cantered and loved every minute of it.

I'm all over the place at the moment, I really do think it depends on the horse most of the time!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Your right. It does depend on the Horse. I viewed lots of been there, done that older Horses and didn't feel safe with any of them. Tried some younger and didn't feel safe with any of them either. But then found my mare. She was 5 when I got her and gave me so much confidence.

It's Me Megan

Visit site
I lost my confidence being bolted with, so when I'm hacking its in my head that something bad is going to happen all the time! Grrr.

Hi :D

I use to have the same problem and still do to be honest! It's taken years and a very understanding instructor and pony to get me to canter in a field without feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack. You'll get there! :D

Noodles_3

Visit site
Hi noodles :D!

Awww that's lovely Megan! I've not ridden in a while due to financial reasons and my lifestyle but one day I hope I conquer it fully :)

X