Iping BE100- quick report

molly7886

Visit site
Haven't posted a report before, but as Prudence asked & for anyone else interested I'll try to keep it brief! (Horse has done PN before but few years ago, riders first time) Dressage, as usual worked in well but tensed in test & canter work always lets him down so predictable 40.5 to put him lower half of section (but not quite last!). SJ course was straight forward neither huge or tiny, no spooky fillers but oxers pretty square. Really pleased with him as he hasn't jumped more than 90cm for a while,just had last down being a bit lazy behind. Cross country going was firm. First is tiny pallisade landing on rising ground, left to sharks teeth, up hill to pallisade then tyres. All straight forward & not particularly big. First question at 5 dark painted rails one stride off decent drop which was a bit shadowy but he just took it in his stride & flew off drop (expletive from rider!) then it was down hill to 6 which caused a couple to back off- It's a tiny jump into the dark down slope into water. Luckily my boy has no issues with water/holes/dark so no problems there. Then its up a steep mountain path into woods. Ground lot softer in woods but this is where all the questions come in rapid succession. First a fallen log, straight on to orangy painted rails, stride to ditch, staright on to small stile between trees. Then U turn to decent corner just not that much of an approach, however good pony locked on & wasn't necessary to use alternative. Then down narrow track to another drop & dog leg to pallisade with ditch in front. That all happens mega quick dodging in and out of trees. Then its back down narrow steep slope back into 'proper' fields! Step up to pallisade, at last a bit of a gallop to beer table, across field to logpile, curve right to smallish trakaner, nice gallop down hill to trip hazard into woods down to water which is tiny jump in & out back out of woods. Last fence probably the most imposing as its painted to look like quite a bright grey wall. Through finish clear!!!
Nothing was too big, didn't hear of any particular problems/bogey fences just need to be focused up in woods as its a bit of a handy pony section! Lots had alternatives although personally I felt it would be too fiddly to get to them in most cases. Due to hilly/twisty nature of course no one made time and the time penalties were quite influential in end. My boy wasn't placed but still dead chuffed with performance. My personal advice would be not to go mad for time unless you're in with a shout & you have a nippy experienced horse. Good luck if you're going tomorrow. Enjoy!!

Hornby

Visit site
What a great report - thanks to your use of punctuation I could actually read what the XC course was and "ride it with you!" (Sorry, just a whinge, so many - other - almost unreadable posts....so little time!). Great run for you both - where next? (And pics please? That would be great).

SpruceRI

Visit site
Well done for completing clear - tis tricky XC up that wooded hill, would be easy to crash into trees if steering was a bid dodgy!

prudunce

Visit site
Hi Molly(been waiting 4 ur post b4 my Iping run today).All sounds good!!! All i can do is my best and get round clr i hope!!! NO WAY will we make the time if its tight.Will put my post up ltr
grin.gif