IRAP therapy

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knows of any horses that have been treated for joint issues with IRAP? particularly within the coffin joint, how did they get on with the treatment and what was the extent of the initial injury? thanks for any info

LW

tillyd

Visit site
Hello, there's a few people on here that have experience of it.

My horse had fluid in/round her coffin joints - was 3/4 tenths lame on each rein on circle on hard ground. Now more like 1/10 on one rein, probably 3/10 on the other.

So I think it did help, but its difficult to know exactly how much as she also had a range of other management things - supplements, warming up better etc etc

PM me if i can help more.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Merlin had Irap this time last year for arthritis of the fetlock.

My vet said that in the cases he had treated the coffin joints seemed to respond better. Having said that Merlin is now sound :)

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Yes! My lad had an arthoscopy on his coffin joint in June 2006. We started IRAP last december and had 4 injections in total - roughly 1 every 2 months. Enough bloods were taken for 7 injections, but we didn't use them all. It's a cummulative thing, the first injection didn't seem to make a massive difference but with each one there was a huge improvement. Ludo was signed off by the vet in September and we're back doing everything we were before the Op including jumping (although not ventured XC yet!).