Irish draught cross cob to produce a show cob

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The last Police Horse I bought and brought on was an ID X Cob.

I have no idea about the show ring requirements for a show cob, but he was honest, easy, could move if he was encouraged enough, and could even jump a course to 90cm without fuss or fanfare.

This is what he looked like...

Schooling%20Harry_zpstmvwnnw8.jpg

ETA, he was the sort where you did generally have a smile on your face when you rode him. Once trained he was the horse people went to for a big occasion if the rider was not very experienced. He also did standing still exceedingly well.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Adorablealices young mare is cobxID

You talking about me ? My Mom is proper tough and she will come and get you, she has real big feet you know. She has never won anything, except people's hearts, but she is the best Mom anyone could want. My Dad is Avanti Amorous Archie and I have taken all my looks from him, but my Mom is a good shape under her furry knickers and under her leg warmers there is bone.

IMG_0184_zpsce845cff.jpg

IMG_0239_zps466dd858.jpg

I am 20 months old in this picture.
Leoretirestoday772012018.jpg

I am 5 and a half now and not mature yet, I am supposed to be a lightweight show cob. I don't get the lightweight bit because my humans keep dieting me and telling me I am fat. I live in a confusing world. However, I am bright and am considering a career as a ballerina.

Alice%20under%20the%20fence_zpsltg8r56k.jpg

My training was easy, the humans in my life just showed me some bits of leather and I said - yeah whatever. The humans liked that. I have never been naughty, although I am a bit accident prone and like to spend time on the sick, I can normally plan sick leave efficiently so my humans have stopped telling me where we are going, after all what is an entry fee between friends ?

DSCF3251_zpsafzngb3g.jpg

My humans have not decided if I am a cob yet, I might be a small hunter apparently. Either way I am not keen because if I am a cob I am going to be hogged, wtf - I am a girl and girls have hair. But if I am a small hunter I have to be slimmer and elegant, wtf - I am addicted to food (see ballerina picture above !). Decisions decisions, bald or slim, I am doomed.

rara007

Visit site
Good luck! I think as with any cross there'll be quite an element of luck with RIDs varying from HW cobs themselves (we had one) to 17.2 sports horses and some 'cobs' clipping up to be cobs as they are (we have one!) and others being totally the wrong sort. Notoriously the hardest category to breed for for a reason!

JDH01

Visit site
I have had 2 with the ID cross my current very smart coloured cob is gypsy cob x Welsh sec D. You will have to look at pics on my profile to see them