Irish eventing points

frazzled

Visit site
Got a new horse coming from Ireland next week ( v over excited). He has no IE points because he has been competing at u25 1star even though he has been placed at that level. Am I right in assuming he will have BE points because that is the IE equivalent of novice?

D

Deleted member 104317

If you think he may have points over here, try looking him up on the British Eventing site, if he's not on the website (or bdwp.co.uk) then I don't think he will have points which are applicable to BE :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I don't know what the status is these days but irish horses always used to get points on them automatically if they were imported over a certain age and had been eventing in Ireland (no matter what the results) - that's some years ago now though. Good luck with the new horsey:)

only_me

Visit site
Am not sure, there are no points given in the u25 class but it is a normal novice as in its just a section :)

Intrigued now, will you pm me the name of horse? Might know it :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I also seem to remember that they apply points according to age if you can't prove he has not competed/gained points.

frazzled

Visit site
Will let you all know when I have registered him. Am totally confuzzled trying to understand it all!!! Only- me have pmed you

willtowin

Visit site
I think you print out a copy of their record and send it over to BE who will give it points roughly according to our system? I think....