Irish Mail On Sunday expose on AHAR

Equi

Visit site
I think people just stop clicking though. It just tells me to log into fb anyway and doesn't take me anywhere.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
For those that aren't on facebook.

The article is an accusation from the owner of a small UK private sanctuary (unnamed) that agreed to take two of AHAR's Shetland's named Snowy and Mrs Bucket. They were shipped to the UK and apparently arrived with terrible laminitis, both in some kind of remedial shoe. Snowy had her pedal bone protruding through her sole, she was unable to stand and "rolled off the ramp". Snowy was PTS five days after arrived and Mrs Bucket a few weeks later.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
For those that aren't on facebook.

The article is an accusation from the owner of a small UK private sanctuary (unnamed) that agreed to take two of AHAR's Shetland's named Snowy and Mrs Bucket. They were shipped to the UK and apparently arrived with terrible laminitis, both in some kind of remedial shoe. Snowy had her pedal bone protruding through her sole, she was unable to stand and "rolled off the ramp". Snowy was PTS five days after arrived and Mrs Bucket a few weeks later.

Thank you Laura, when the adopter rang the manager and told her she was having the pony pts the manager replied that she needs to get her vet to cut off the bone. I dont understand this bit myself, perhaps someone else can throw some light on it because this sounds horrendous. The adopter told her the pony had breathing problems related to its heart and this was an old pony. It just makes you wonder what the hell is going on in Ahar.

stormox

Visit site
Would that be Swiftwood Sanctuary In South West UK?I know they have had a couple from AHAR...... theres a thread on here somewhere about their 'go fund me' page to bring one over to UK from AHAR

Last edited:

rascal

Visit site
Would that be Swiftwood Sanctuary In South West UK?I know they have had a couple from AHAR...... theres a thread on here somewhere about their 'go fund me' page to bring one over to UK from AHAR

On Swiftwood site about these ponies, hope these people know what they are getting involved in!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Its self perpetuating isnt it? they take money for them when they come into Ahar, ship them off to the UK to rescue/sanctuary who immediately start fund raising for their care.