Irish passport...changing ownership?!?

jojo.1986

Visit site
Hi, I have recently bought my boy who had been shipped over from Ireland a few months ago. He has a White passport and the microchip matches the identification number etc I just don't know how and who I have to send it off to to get the ownership changed into my name? I've looked through the passport itself and can't seem to find any info on where to do it..any advice?

Pink_Lady

Visit site
Hi - when I bought my ISH he came with the green book/passport/registration stuff for the Irish Horse Society. I wrote to them, returning the green book and they amended and sent back to me. Sorry cannot remember if there was a charge but seem to possibly recall not. Sent the book traceable post tho. Good luck

doratheexplorer

Visit site
Look at irish horse sport on google. My lad has a white passport and I sent it back to Ireland with a form filled out and they changed the ownership for me.

figgy

Visit site
Hi, I have recently bought my boy who had been shipped over from Ireland a few months ago. He has a White passport and the microchip matches the identification number etc I just don't know how and who I have to send it off to to get the ownership changed into my name? I've looked through the passport itself and can't seem to find any info on where to do it..any advice?

I sent mine to Horse sport Ireland ! x

Rocky715

Visit site

Hello, my boy came with the white passport. I just had to write a letter which gave my full name and address, and had to send it to the address (which was in the middle of my passport - in Sligo i seem to remember!) I also had to send a cheque for the change to be made, if you ring them they will tell you how much.

I would recommend you send it recorded just in case.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Irish horse board? Mines passported with them. Piece of cake to change and had the passport back within three days. I emailed and found the change ofownership form online. Dead easy. Mine says Irish Horse Board Identification Document on the front. It's a passport for horses who don't have their breeding registered.

Last edited:

T.m

Visit site
Hi.i sold my horse 2 years ago. Iv been trying to find him. iv phoned horse passport agency and he's still registered in my name and adress.

Equi

Visit site
When someone buys horse do thay have to change passport ova to new owners or do thay not have to
It is a legal requirement to do so within 30 days of transfer of ownership. That doesn’t mean it gets done though.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I've got a cob who's got an Irish Sports Passport; am struggling to find who to send the passport to as well!

WHY can't they make it easier?

It's extremely easy. Just contact Horse Sport Ireland (links above), they are the central register for all horses bred in Ireland. If you wish to register the horse in the UK they can advise also.