Mark Kyle (Drunken Disorderly)
Sarah Wardell (Kincluny)
Michael Ryan (Old Road)
Niall Griffin (Lorgaine)
Sacha Pemble (I've Been Dun)
Lt. Geoff Curran (Balladeer Alfred)
Reserve:
Jonty Evans (Cregwarrior)

I am really pleased for Michael Ryan, as Old Road is owned by a very good friend of mine. A good team all round I think.

eventrider23

Visit site
Really pleased that Mark got his slot. Carl might not be the best dressage horse in the world but he is so consistent and an amazing xc horse that they can count on him usually to have a decent finishing result. I know he's running next week at Hickstead, attempting to regain his title in venters G.Prix....fingers crossed all goes well.
This'll most likely be their last appearance on the team though seeing as Carl is getting on now and they've got some nice horses coming up through the ranks. Fingers crossed that Mark can get his youngsters at home ready to take his place....I know he's got some lovely babies but at moment they're all mostly youngsters. On the other hand, he will have a heck of a lot of horses in time for Beijing 2008!

I've been out of the loop recently due to injury and so have not seenspoken to any of the riders recently to ask, but does anyone know what's happened to Test Flight?? I know Sarah rode him last year at Blenheim, just wondering where he is this year.

Think it's a good team this yea, especially with a couple being more dressage oriented. However a couple are going to be bit of an unknown quantity as WG is going to be a 4* course and a few haven't yet run at that level but fingers crossed for them all.

eventrider23

Visit site
Yeah, I know that Michael and Old Road completed badminton this year but (whilst I stand to be corrected) I think that they and Mark and D.Disorderly are the only ones on the team this time round to have done 4 *. Whilst Nial and Lorgaine were on the team at Athens and again at Blenheim, they've only gone 3* (were entered for Badminton but withdrew) and the others to my knowledge haven't gone above 3* either.
That said, all are good XC horses so should not have a prob. Look at Susan Shorts old mare Beauty Queen, never did Badminton/Burghley, etc. but got round so well at Jerez and then every team event afterwards up till last year.

Good luck to them all...I've got all fingers n toes crossed that they not only do well but more importantly come home safe n sound.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
That would be cool, Jonty came to our yard years ago for dressage training and I used to groom for him, we would love to see him do well.
grin.gif

sweeticon

New User
Visit site
I hear 'Flighty' had a minor knock behind and as he is a working stallion the owners did not want to risk running him this year. However I hear he is in such good form they are seriously thinking of bringing him back for Badninton 07.

The very best to all the Irish team at WEG