Irishsportequine

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
Hi I’m looking for a pony for my 13 year old experienced novice daughter and wondering if the Irishsportequine is a good place to buy from? I’m from the uk so wouldn’t be able to view,wouldn’t buy a 4 year old but they have some older ones there does anyone have any experience with them?

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
My 13 year old has had her second pony,a 12.2 for 3 years he’s now on loan,she’s been loaning a 14hh and has ridden a 14.2 so looking for an allrounder but doesn’t have to do everything just as long as safe out on roads and hacking. Just wondering about irishsportequine cause loads of people have bought from them and recommend them and there’s not a lot of good ponies around at the moment for the right price

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I wouldn't personally buy unseen for a child. I've not had any personal experience with Irish Sport Equine but they are well known for selling horses far smaller than advertised and far greener than advertised. It wouldn't be what I'd pick for a 13 year old. The market is booming at the moment, if you can I'd wait a few months, prices will come crashing down and then your daughter can try a few that will be in budget.

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
Gonna wait but just considering them as loads of the ponies I’ve looked at they’re older but have quirks like buck my daughter can handle green just as long as safe

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
where in the country are you, not exact just a rough idea, and budget?....i have seen quite a few 14,2 s in my horse search for my friend as we are looking for 15 to 15.2 and although she is small and light enough she wont look at anything under 15 hands even though i have found some really nice ones who are under 15 hands

be positive

Visit site
Gonna wait but just considering them as loads of the ponies I’ve looked at they’re older but have quirks like buck my daughter can handle green just as long as safe

Ask yourself why they are there, if they are good childrens ponies will change hands for decent money even in Ireland, I would not buy unseen for a child as they really need to gel and you need to see how they cope, if your daughter cannot manage a pony with a bit of a buck she is not going to cope with a green pony that may also have a buck, no pony is guaranteed to be safe, even though the ads may suggest they are.
Your budget is good enough to find one you can try properly, that should have a proven record, nothing fancy but proof it has attended PC and been out and about a bit with a child on, not an adult professional that is used to getting them look their best for a short, carefully edited video.

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
We don’t want a pony that bucks because her old pony started to buck everytime he didn’t want to do something in the school and she just doesn’t want to deal with it all the time,I don’t mind excited bucks or when their green but not cause their sour. Would rather a professional on them than a child as we went to see one and was strong cause she was used to being fizzed up everytime there was a jump in the school at least with a professional they’ve been schooled properly in every discipline and has been hacked out alone and in company x

Patterdale

Visit site

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
I am guessing this must have a quirk but it could be worth calling as it looks rather suitable even if one jumping photo is a bit awkward and it's BE record leaves a bit to be desired as an allrounder it could be ideal .

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119931271/super-142-connemara-pony-for-sale.html?link=/search?sectionId=3365&location=Shepton+Mallet&distance=50&orderBy=mostRecent

looks like a nice pony but too old as we want something that my daughter can have for years

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
found one on horsequest ref 226656. 14.1 10 years p/b connie gelding. says not novide ride but suitable for competent teen..£5250 neg on wales /shropshire border

be positive

Visit site
? why would you put that ditch palisade pic in an ad!? Terrifying!!

Pony looks keen enough though!

I wouldn't have bought it let alone used it in an ad, but as a lower level pony it could be a well educated all rounder that could give years of fun to a child, I have often found teenage ponies for kids as they usually go on for years and often still have a sale value as an adults hack when the child goes off to uni.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
We don’t want a pony that bucks because her old pony started to buck everytime he didn’t want to do something in the school and she just doesn’t want to deal with it all the time,I don’t mind excited bucks or when their green but not cause their sour. Would rather a professional on them than a child as we went to see one and was strong cause she was used to being fizzed up everytime there was a jump in the school at least with a professional they’ve been schooled properly in every discipline and has been hacked out alone and in company x

if a pony has been with a professional you wont see the pony in its true colours till you get it home and try to manage it. professionals are very experienced and can hide many faults in behaviour, better to see a pony with a child rider and your daughter could be a better rider and the pony would be fine once you get it home. be careful not to overhorse her at this stage in her riding, as you have already said she doesnt want to deal with bucking which would make me think she may be worried...

be positive

Visit site

If they have been produced properly by a pro in every discipline and are good hacks, easy rides they will tend to be well over budget unless they are very ordinary more for hacking , which may suit you, but that will usually mean they are not with the pro in the first place, pros put time in producing the best, the less good get a basic education and often lack a real foundation.

I think you may have tried a few bad ponies that have not been well ridden but that is not a good reason to rule out all ponies that have been ridden by children, I have had numerous here that have come from various backgrounds and the majority have been totally sane, the odd buck, cheeky moment or get a bit lit up doing something really exciting and I think most have been mainly ridden by children, possibly backed by adults but other than those I produced, and even those had kids on, most were predominantly ridden by children.

Oreoxpipper

Visit site
If they have been produced properly by a pro in every discipline and are good hacks, easy rides they will tend to be well over budget unless they are very ordinary more for hacking , which may suit you, but that will usually mean they are not with the pro in the first place, pros put time in producing the best, the less good get a basic education and often lack a real foundation.

I think you may have tried a few bad ponies that have not been well ridden but that is not a good reason to rule out all ponies that have been ridden by children, I have had numerous here that have come from various backgrounds and the majority have been totally sane, the odd buck, cheeky moment or get a bit lit up doing something really exciting and I think most have been mainly ridden by children, possibly backed by adults but other than those I produced, and even those had kids on, most were predominantly ridden by children.

i understand. I’m not going to rule them out but it’s just ponies prices have gone way up since I bought my daughters second pony,he was 7 just broken £1000 for delivery aswell and was perfect! You would’ve thought he was 30 he was a typical welshie but other than that couldn’t put a foot wrong,just wondering where all the ponies like that have gone the genuine ones with the kind temperament