Irrational annoyances...

Winters100

Visit site
People who ask me for advice, give the impression they might agree, then do something completely different, bordering (Imho) on ridiculous or even dangerous.
Just.dont.ask.again.please...

OP, how the heck do you get mud on a stable rug?

This exactly. Plus people who ask for my opinion, for example 'is my horse overweight?' and then when I give my opinion telling me every reason why I am incorrect and their horse is fine - just makes me want to say 'then why did you ask?'

splash30

Visit site
People who ask me for advice, give the impression they might agree, then do something completely different, bordering (Imho) on ridiculous or even dangerous.
Just.dont.ask.again.please...

OP, how the heck do you get mud on a stable rug?
I have mine on livery and when they are turning out, and changing rugs the grooms muddy feet can catch the rugs, drives me insane but totally irrational ?

chaps89

Visit site
I’m totally with you with the haynet knots. Plus those who don’t cut bale string at the knot.....annoying! Lol

Have you noticed....people who don’t drive slam car doors! Pet hate of mine.
But you can't always find the knot to cut next to it :( it was @The Fuzzy Furry who taught me this but I can never find the damn knots and now I know that's a sensible thing to do, it really annoys me! #firstworldproblem

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Omg I thought the thing with haynets and knots was just me!!!!!!

Mine is my sharer taking my saddle pad off my saddle and using her own (which is absolutely fine) but then not reattaching mine when she’s done. So every. Single. Time. I have to reattach it. I was always taught to leave something as I found it so I just find it so irritating!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
But you can't always find the knot to cut next to it :( it was @The Fuzzy Furry who taught me this but I can never find the damn knots and now I know that's a sensible thing to do, it really annoys me! #firstworldproblem
Sorry! ???
Just wriggle your fingers along..... I have been known to cut 2 or 3 bales at same time when wearing my head torch ?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
What are your irrational annoyances? They have no real impact but just get your goat...
Mine is mud on stable rugs, cant stand it and it has to be removed.
Another one is knots on haynets not pulled to the rings so making it difficult to get undone.

Haynets do annoy me if not tied correctly, turnout rugs put on the stable rug rack is annoying as well it makes them dirty. So yes agree with both of those.

Dirty feed and water buckets make me cringe, horses with eye bogies I hate to see them with goey crusty eyes it must feel horrible.

doodle

Visit site
The wheelbarrow or poo pickers being left with muck in them. This wouldn’t be wildly irrational except usually it is me that has left it that way (only two of us up there), so I get irrationally annoyed at something I did myself.

Old boss used to drive me nuts. She would see a horse poo while tied up, get the poo picker and pick up the poo. But instead of walking the couple of meters to Chuck it on muck heap she would then just put it to the side so I could empty it!

FFAQ

Visit site
Ha ha i'm having a really grumpy day today so....
The haynet thing ?
People not doing anything about their obviously uncomfortable horse (getting a vet for a REALLY persistent cough or at least altering the management to see if it'll make a difference)
Not putting stuff back where you found it
People who bulldoze with their opinion
Bitching (says me while having a good old moan)

Amun

Visit site
Mine is driving related.
When I'm in the truck and I'm sat behind a car. I pull out to overtake and the driver realise s there's a truck overtaking them and puts the foot down .
Oh dear not just a truck problem! So many people are doing this ? I don't know if the reasoning behind is that they suddenly realize they are really slow and should speed up but I hate this. Very annoying and dangerous.

luckyoldme

Visit site
Oh dear not just a truck problem! So many people are doing this ? I don't know if the reasoning behind is that they suddenly realize they are really slow and should speed up but I hate this. Very annoying and dangerous.
There's certainly a lot of web browsing going on..I have a good view from up.here!
I don't think a lot of car drivers realise that we are restricted to 56 ( within a certain tolerance ) and we can get trapped by a car which could easily speed up.or slow down.
Just one of a long list of driving annoyances. I find folk are equally annoying with supermarket trollies!

Elno

Visit site
People not picking up after their horses. Your horse pissed all over the floor while in cross ties? Pour some shavings on it, and pick it up instead of leaving it on the floor to dry into a stinking mess! ?

People giving unsolicited advice. Horse people are especially good at this.

Horses with unfitting/ wrongly attached tack because the owner doesn't realise/ doesn't care how it's suppose to sit. For instance drop nosebands behind and under the bit, bits upside down, etc...

And finally my all time favourite thing to annoy the living daylights out of me:
Mixing brown and black leather, and also silver and gold coloured buckles. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.