Irrational annoyances...

asmp

Visit site
People not removing girth’s from saddles and leaving them attached on the right. I can’t stand it. I’m a bit weird and like my girth removed and placed over the top of the saddle.

I confess I normally leave my leather girth attached to my saddle but the last time after cleaning it I left it loose. I then dropped it in the mud while tacking up. I was not a happy bunny. ?

On pet hates mine is people who don’t indicate at roundabout. You wait for them to go straight on and they turn before they get to you.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
So many of these things annoy the hell out of me as well ? horsey people must be a very intolerant lot.

People throwing half full water buckets in the vague direction of the drain. Walk a bit further and pour it down then when it freezes nobody is at risk of slipping over. Not sweeping corners properly is one that really does annoy me.

Elno

Visit site
Decorating/cluttering up outside a stable with pink glittery things/name plaques/sayings/lights/tinsel as if you are 10 Year old ..when you are in your mid fifties.

Oh, oh, oh! I also remembered another!

Pink on geldings. Especially coupled with glittery stuff. (children with ponies allowed though, obviously)

RHM

Visit site
People borrowing things and breaking them. Not owning up to it and instead just hiding broken item in tack room. If I have to replace one more lunge whip I swear to god I will not be responsible for my actions.
Chasing people for money, if I am picking you up something from the feed store bloody well pay for it! I should not have to chase for money in 2020 everyone has internet banking!!! Argh!!!! *feel marginally better now thanks guys ?

dorsetladette

Visit site
The wheelbarrow or poo pickers being left with muck in them. This wouldn’t be wildly irrational except usually it is me that has left it that way (only two of us up there), so I get irrationally annoyed at something I did myself.

This is me. I hate muck being left in a wheelbarrow, but I do it. Not on purpose but I put the wheel barrow to one side to do other jobs and by the time I'm back to it its dark. I've got round it by having a barrow for every job I need one for ie. water, hay, mucking out etc. Think we're up to about 5 barrows now. people think I have issues :)

Elno

Visit site
Drop and a flash nosebands , it’s not often you see horses now a days without them, and when they are done up tight ?.
hairy horses with rugs on them.

Aaaw I actually like a drop ?? Good for young horses since it doesn't interfere with their teeth. Very hard to adjust correctly though, especially on horses with less than standard heads (like mine unfortunatly, why she doesn't get to wear one anymore ?)

jnb

Visit site
Matchy matchy (especially stuff that doesn't even fit "But.....it matches" AAAARRRGGGHHH)
Rubbish ON the bin - just WHY?!
People who insist on folding the short length of hose over the railings thereby rendering it useless as its buckled and the water can't get through
Combination padlocks in the dark (ba**tards)
Weather -ice and snow especially - just feck off
BMW/Audi/Idiot drivers overtaking too close/fast/ when I am riding on narrow roads (decked like a Christmas tree and with 2 headcams)
Cyclists on country roads /bridleways zooming round blind bends and nearly going into the back of my friends horse causing him to bolt

OOh I feel better now! :)

greenbean10

Visit site
People borrowing things and breaking them. Not owning up to it and instead just hiding broken item in tack room. If I have to replace one more lunge whip I swear to god I will not be responsible for my actions.
Chasing people for money, if I am picking you up something from the feed store bloody well pay for it! I should not have to chase for money in 2020 everyone has internet banking!!! Argh!!!! *feel marginally better now thanks guys ?

Haha this made me laugh also because they aren't irrational annoyances...they are very acceptable things to get annoyed about ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i think it's mainly the "leaving things like you found them" thing for me

which handily encompasses the haynet knot thing, at last yard, YO used to put the nets in, we just had to leave them ready. so I would prepare them and leave them tied up with knot against the net. and would ALWAYS find them with the knot in the free end of the string when I came to take them down. WHY?!???? :eek:

Current YO and I have an unspoken headcollar thing going on, i turn out and she brings in - one of mine I unclip the throat and the headcollar slips over the ears (like a normal person ;)) and the other horse is so twitchy about his ears, i unbuckle the headpiece for him and leave throat clipped on. I almost always find his headcollar with the headpiece buckled and the throat unclipped :p

i am another who gets irritated with self for not emptying wheelbarrows :rolleyes:

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Headcollars like MP! It's only my sister and I at the yard, so it's always her! I always undo mine at the buckle, as Thena is funny about her ears, and sis always undoes them with the clip and never puts them back properly!
Most other things I've got her doing the right way!
Not being on a yard with others does make me less annoyed at people. They were the main reason I moved!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Another one is knots on haynets not pulled to the rings so making it difficult to get undone.

100% this. Especially when its freezing cold and you have to take your gloves off to sort it out.

In fact I really hate nets made of the thick cord. The stupid things constantly twist in on themselves and the hole keeps closing when you're trying to put hay in.

I know the old thinner ones didn't last very long but I still prefer them.

Sprat

Visit site
Haynets. Not so much the knot thing, but our yard staff tie haynets up in a quick release knot, and then thread through again, rendering the knot no longer quick release. Not helpful when horses shove their feet through the nets and consequently they need cutting rather than just pulling the release!

Mucking out tools being used and not put back. Especially in covid times, everyone at our yard have been told NOT to use others mucking out tools. I am considering stashing it all in my trailer to make a point.

Matchy matchy. Don't get me wrong, I love a good saddle pad, but the matching ears pad and bandages often coupled with a matching top for the rider just brings out the cringe in me.

smolmaus

Visit site
Flexi buckets for water. You need huge buckets for paddocks, which is fine, they don't make hard plastic ones big enough but there was a switch-out recently so the smaller water buckets all matched and I hate hate hate them. You can just about carry or drag one yourself but you're always going to spill some. If you carry them with someone else and it spills it's just the right height to go straight down the top of my boot.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Flexi buckets for water. You need huge buckets for paddocks, which is fine, they don't make hard plastic ones big enough but there was a switch-out recently so the smaller water buckets all matched and I hate hate hate them. You can just about carry or drag one yourself but you're always going to spill some. If you carry them with someone else and it spills it's just the right height to go straight down the top of my boot.

cold water down your boot on a freezing cold morning!!!!! I'm a short a**e and learnt very quickly to carry buckets slightly tipped away from you as the tops of my wellies catch on the bucket rim with the inevitable happening everytime. Again my fault for filling the buckets so full!