Irrational annoyances...

alexomahony

Visit site
Oh, oh, oh! I also remembered another!

Pink on geldings. Especially coupled with glittery stuff. (children with ponies allowed though, obviously)

EEK I have pink things on geldings - though usually not from choice, just that it’s normally the colour that’s in the sale ?

Caol Ila

Visit site
I ride in wellies during the winter. Muck boots, actually. Purple ones.

Failure to use apostrophes. How did people not learn how to do this in school? I hate reading stuff where someone puts an apostrophe in a word that's meant to be a plural. Brought the horse's in from the field today. Just....no.

I'm a member of some fish groups, and myself and many other people have small South American catfish called corydoras. It's the Latin name of fish in that family (and there are hundreds of cory species). Whether you are talking about one fish or twenty fish, they are corydoras. But you find people on forums refering to a single one as a corydora. Drives me crazy. You can abbreviate it to cory (or corys if plural). That is acceptable. But corydora is not a word. If you own an animal, you should know its proper name.

Visit site
At the minute it's mud splashing up on theor bellies in the field and covering the surcingles and muddy over reach boots from turn out. Completely unavoidable but irrational - I love it when it is frosty!!

Cowpony

Visit site
My sister putting the padlock on the tackroom door the wrong way round! I have my key in my hand and without looking, know which way round it is. Except if sis shut the door! Just a very small thing but she does it every time!

We have combination locks on the field gates - like big bike locks. It does wind me up when people put them back upside down so you have to twist your neck round to see what number you are putting in. Yes, I can read upside down, but not that easy for older eyes without glasses when the numbers are wearing out from use.....

Schollym

Visit site
People borrowing things and breaking them. Not owning up to it and instead just hiding broken item in tack room. If I have to replace one more lunge whip I swear to god I will not be responsible for my actions.
Chasing people for money, if I am picking you up something from the feed store bloody well pay for it! I should not have to chase for money in 2020 everyone has internet banking!!! Argh!!!! *feel marginally better now thanks guys ?

I had somebody on work experience borrow my 11.3 ponys new headcollar and rope to go after a large horse that had escaped and then dropped the headcollar and rope somewhere in the fields!

Pippity

Visit site
I'm normally really willing to lend people stuff and help them out. Except for one person...

I lent her a numnah. Got down to the yard to discover it lying in the mud. She'd 'left it on my stable door' and it had evidently blown off. Despite walking past it multiple times in the half-hour or so it was lying there, she didn't think to pick it up.

She's asked to borrow multiple items since then, and I always decline.