is 15yrs old too old to start jumping ????

max306

Visit site
I brought my tb mare 12 months ago in quite a sorry state, its is taking me a while to get her right as I have had no where to ride until I recently moved yards.

Im not really sure what she has done in the past but once fitter I would like to start jumping and would like to do some amature quailifiers, but do you think she is too old to start jumping?

Thanks

VoR

Visit site
I have one that I started hunting at 14, like a duck to water! Just start off slowly and see how it goes, set little 'goals' and build it up rather than start planning for Olympia or Badminton straight away :D

wildcard

Visit site
I agree with starting at home first to see how you get on but i cant see any reason aslong as medically she is fit and sound that you couldnt both do great at it. My OAP is 25 now but was still jumping unaffiliated opens at 19 so as long as you look after her you should be fine.. :) xxx

Spotsrock

Visit site
My boy is 13 and he loves jumping. Lacks finesse but makes up for it in effort! I'm re starting his education though as he is very confused about working. Know nothing about his past except he almost certainly has driven from the way he paces.