Is a Pelham correct for in-hand/ridden veteran if a hunter type?

Javabb94

Visit site
Sorry for yet another question - never shown before apart from m+m ponies 10 years ago

The classes I am entering are ridden and in hand veteran along with a WH

Horse is 15.2hh small hunter so is it correct to turn out with a Pelham/double?

Horse goes fine in hand with one and is fine ridden in one - personally I think it would look more 'correct' along with plain hunter bridle but just want to check that is the correct turnout

Thanks

silvershadow81

Visit site
Im also new to veteran showing, will never understand what's right or wrong as always depends on judge!

I always do veteran in-hand and ridden as well as hunter classes in a Pelham with two reins. No judge has told me otherwise! Go with what your horse is happiest with.

Good Luck x

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I was in a veteran class yesterday with my hunter type. Judge said he would expect to see him in a 2 rein Pelham or double bridle.

Javabb94

Visit site
Im also new to veteran showing, will never understand what's right or wrong as always depends on judge!

I always do veteran in-hand and ridden as well as hunter classes in a Pelham with two reins. No judge has told me otherwise! Go with what your horse is happiest with.

Good Luck x

Thanks he is happy in a Pelham with two reins so will go for this!

I was in a veteran class yesterday with my hunter type. Judge said he would expect to see him in a 2 rein Pelham or double bridle.

Ahh thats great thanks will use the pelham with 2 reins for both. How did you get on?