Is a stock/tie essential?

Durhamchance

Visit site
I've searched to no avail, so I need to ask the question. If using a technical competition shirt under a navy/ black jacket, do I need a stock, or can the shirt be worn alone?

This is for UA dressage and showjumping. TIA :)

sarahann1

Visit site
I've searched to no avail, so I need to ask the question. If using a technical competition shirt under a navy/ black jacket, do I need a stock, or can the shirt be worn alone?

This is for UA dressage and showjumping. TIA :)

I can't say for showjumping, but for dressage, if it's being run under BD rules, then yes, you must have a stock or tie.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Well the rule book does say up to adv med an American collar is acceptable in place of tie or stock... so depends on your shirt. I just bought a bib and stick that over my t shirt :D

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I think it depends a bit on the judge. I've managed to forget my tie before but get away without anyone noticing (and this was affiliated). But equally I've written for a judge who is very strict on turnout and will pull the rider up and the end and tell them off if they haven't got a tie on.

Batgirl

Visit site
With an american collar you don't need a stock or tie, but it is rare to see. An american collar is not a stock collar - it is a bit taller and stiffer.