Is Argentina ready for Bling???

Equiation?

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I was thinking how conservative Argies are in their tack and riding gear; no bling, no bright joddies or half chaps, no coloured silks!
shocked.gif

Since I'm travelling to the UK and hoping to acquire bits and bobs of tack for future barter or sale, I was wondering whether the time might not be ripe for a bit of bling? Argies are such sheep I think it would really take off BUT would PF be embarrassed??
I'm personally NOT fond of BLING, but AS I'd be the only one with it, and so UNIQUE, I might make an exception...

Tia

Visit site
Everycountry is ready for bling whether we like it or not!!! Make a statement and make some money!! Sell bling!

Tia

Visit site
Fug me!! OH YES!! Canada is the master of blooming bling....yuck yuck!!

So there is your answer - 3rd world countries - get in there girl!!

tigers_eye

Visit site
PMSL! I think if you approach it purely as a business venture (which obviously will need careful marketing, so you will have to wear it) then you could conceivabley get away with it. Just be aware you could easily tumble down the slippery slope....

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I can see we are going to have to go shopping
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I already am!!
Incidentally, I had the ODDEST dream last night; I dreamt that loooooooads and looooooooooooooooooads of HHOers came to my house in Argentina with loads of tack (lovely!) and then I had to make everyone cups of tea (!!) and I put sugar in all of them so had to go back and make some more without, and everyone was getting a bit grumpy... Funny that, eh??
grin.gif

weevil

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yesss, that's what I'm worried about... what if I suddenly develop an uncontrollable desire for .... BURBERRY?????????
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you ever feel the urge to buy any burberry just lie down in a darkened room till it passes
grin.gif
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
*whispers* Burberry is actually considered quite posh here!! Also brand-new-with-the-metal-badge Barbours!!
blush.gif
I keep trying to tell people that the only way to wear a barbour is covered in mud with equally mucky wellies!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL!!! My mother would get on well out there then! She refuses to get her Barber dirty, it has the metal pin on the collar and she rather likes Burberry don't you know. I have convienently lost 2, yes TWO, burberry umbrellas!!!!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Actually, I think my mum wouldn't mind a bit of burberry; the inside of her barbour raincoat (not waxed!) is lined with Burberry check.... Hmmmmmm, I wonder if my mum is a chavette in the making???
shocked.gif

I'm going to ask her how she feels about Burberry... be right back!
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Ok... with some trepidation have asked mum how she feels about Burberry (can't challenge her with Bling just yet!) And she says she likes the pattern (eeek!) but it's "Terribly passé" as "the most awful (insert rude word in Spanish for 'common people')
blush.gif
are wearing it...
One day I'll explain about Chavs!
smile.gif