Is ebay better than selling through tack shops?

ernikins

Visit site
I am new to the whole Ebay experience but I know lots of people on here use it, i have lots of stuff to sell and I wondered whether it was more worthwhile selling them in tack shops - or do you get good prices on Ebay?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I think you may get a similar price on eBay or if you sold in tack shops but with eBay I think you'll sell your things a lot quicker.

CastleMouse

Visit site
Things sell a lot quicker on Ebay, but I think that people won't pay as much for tack on Ebay as they would in a tack shop, that's just my opinion and I am probably wrong.

flyingfeet

Visit site
Also depends on what you are selling - brands sell better on eBay and anything bespoke or locally made will be hard to shift.

However on saddles with eBay & PayPal they take around a 20% cut, so the same as selling in a saddley.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I closed my saddlery in May, had a clearance sale and sold for about 40% off retail price. I refused to discount more than that so put the rest of my stock in storage. I have been selling it on ebay for the past 3 months and am making far more than I did through the shop. It all depends what you have and whether it is the right time to sell it and whether it is what people want

horsegirl

Visit site
You don't have to accept paypal, in fact I would advise against it. The you only pay your listing fee and your final valuation fee which is based on the final auction price.

MillionDollar

Visit site
It does depend on what item you want to sell, but in my experience ebay is better. I went to my local saddlery recently and asked how much they would give me for my saddle, they said at the most £160 (which was ridiculous) and advised me to sell it on ebay!!!
smile.gif

willowtreemum

Visit site
Oh yes definately...pretty much hassle free ebay selling, and great for the amount of horse tack/bits etc you try and your beloved horse hates with a passion!! I sell all my horsey stuff on ebay and get a better price than i would selling through a tack shop or carboot sale.

Give it a go........

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think Ebay is good for selling anything other than saddles. Pretty much SOMEONE will buy whatever you have, whereas in a tack shop you have to wait for someone to come along etc.

Saddles are the only thing which dont seem to sell well, they are all going so cheap! (good place to buy probably).