Is Everyone Staying at Home

Visit site
This weekend? As there's no thread yet!

I'm stuck working again, though sister is off to Hopetoun for the carriage driving. She's taking photos yesterday and today, on an obstacle tomorrow and back out with the camera on Sunday!

Anyone else have an outing planned?

I got an email from the carriage driving asking if I would help again this year. A complete and utter firm NO! I was bored witless last year the 2 days I did and would never go back.

I have the stallion out again this weekend showing then he is off out with the mares for a few months so he won't be seen in the ring again until August at the earliest. Not sure what other shows I am doing as very few have put judges up yet.

Chippers1

Visit site
I did wonder if i'd missed the thread! Back from holiday to a ginormous Buzz who has been stuffing himself so he's on bootcamp, have another new bit to try out today but not holding out much hope anymore, will probably stick to the pelham if this one doesn't work.
Tomorrow we're boxing up to a friend's yard for a hack around Creswell Crags which should be fun and definitely help with the weight issue!
Have a good weekend everyone :)

j1ffy

Visit site
After a quiet weekend, I made it to the yard on Wednesday in time for an evening clear round jumping show. They kindly dropped the jumps down from 1m to some teeny x-poles, which we wobbled our way around for a clear. As it was only his third time jumping and his first time stringing more than two fences together, I was very pleased!

Hacking today, schooling tomorrow (hopefully our new-found relaxation in trot won't have been ruined by the jumping!) then boxing to a hack on Sunday. After some battery issues, my lorry is ? fixed and ready to go out so I'm also eyeing up a few outings over the next few weeks.

Alibear

Visit site
I'm hoping to have a go at our first Western Dressage competition tomorrow. I've entered the intro and basic tests. Amber is a little too well at the moment, which I'm trying to solve, so I will take her but will have to see how she is on arrival before deciding if I'm getting on or not :D Which is a shame as it's the first time we've had anywhere in East Anglia willing to hold them, and they're running a league, so I want to support it.

Sheep

Visit site
Heheh I was wondering too! Not that I have much to share atm ?
Going to have another spin on friends youngster tomorrow, that should be good fun.
Took big horse to vet on Tues. Nerve blocked and seem to have pinpointed the area that’s hurting, same place as we’ve thought from the outset which is good, I suppose. Re xrayed and same as previous. Vet still thinks caused by injury rather than something more sinister lurking so opted to inject to ease the inflammation. Also going to tweak shoeing very slightly, so farrier is out today.
Back on board on Monday, all being well. Cannot wait! Will probably just walk in arena first to make sure he’s not going to do anything acrobatic, then just hack for a few weeks to start to rebuild fitness.

Peglo

Visit site
We have another showjumping competition on Sunday. Just going to start on poles and do the 45cm class. I had hoped to practice some poles this week but the weather has never let up so the last time she jumped was 2 weeks ago. (And the first time doing show jumps) so we will see how we get on. It’s forecast for wind and showers and she does get excitable in the wind so my legs might be in for even more of a workout.

really hoping it’s not slippy. There’s been so much rain recently. And hail!! The first few reels I watched on Instagram was horses putting the brakes on and sliding right through the jumps ??‍♀️ Really didn’t need that ?

best of luck everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend.

humblepie

Visit site
I'm hoping to have a go at our first Western Dressage competition tomorrow. I've entered the intro and basic tests. Amber is a little too well at the moment, which I'm trying to solve, so I will take her but will have to see how she is on arrival before deciding if I'm getting on or not :D Which is a shame as it's the first time we've had anywhere in East Anglia willing to hold them, and they're running a league, so I want to support it.

What do you have to do for Western Dressage - like to know about different things. Good luck if you go.

Alibear

Visit site
What do you have to do for Western Dressage - like to know about different things. Good luck if you go.

I'm only just learning myself so I'll point you to the organisation's own site for more info Home (westerndressageassociation.org) From my very limited experience it's similar to European Dressage but you can compete in Western tack and it allows for western paces.

J_sarahd

Visit site
We are going to Eland for a cross country clinic. Likely to be our penultimate cross country school for at least a year. Very bittersweet.

Something very exciting is happening on Monday. But I will post about it if it all goes well!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
After a busy May so far, I have no plans.... am on standby for tomorrow to accompany hacking chum in her box to collect new purchase, her husband can't firm up till tonight. If am not needed, I might just box up to friends to hack there, or might just pootle out here instead, as I'll need to put diesel in, pah!
My DH is away till Sunday night, so am making the most of having time to myself ☺

stangs

Visit site
I'm only just learning myself so I'll point you to the organisation's own site for more info Home (westerndressageassociation.org) From my very limited experience it's similar to European Dressage but you can compete in Western tack and it allows for western paces.
The video on that page is considerably nicer to watch than a lot of English dressage - brilliant that gaited horses are allowed to use other gaits as well.

Good luck for tomorrow!

dorsetladette

Visit site
O O O O WE'RE DOING A THING!! Like an actual thing that could be a big deal!

Robin is off to the area silver medal show on sunday. Its the biggest show we have taken the terrorist to so far so fingers crossed we keep all 4 feet on the ground. He gets very excited about pretty much everything in life really.

Have fun everyone!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Nothing horse wise as pony had physio today and needs a few days off. A remarkably unhorsey other than usual chores & trip to feed merchant to re-stock bedding.

It's quite a busy non-horsey weekend though.

I do have some virtual TREC training I'm partway through so might try to finish that.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have been so busy at work, I seem to have neglected organising anything!

We did a XC clinic on Wednesday so he had Thurs off, then it was windy this evening so I gave him this evening off too. I may simply hack locally this weekend, and am trying to find someone to go round the local farm ride with on Monday!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Was supposed to be boxing out for a polework lesson but the Shogun is off sick at the moment.

Today I walked a potential new hacking route which goes through some (currently empty!) sheep fields and has some spectacular views. Only downside is passing within 45 metres of a huge wind turbine plus the last gate on the bridleway isn't horse friendly. So I'm going to walk Bo round the route on Sunday and see how he feels about wind turbines!

oldie48

Visit site
Nope nothing horsey. I schooled Mr D this morning and he went really well but I won't be riding again until Tuesday morning. However, I have a lovely neighbour who is throwing a Platinum Jubilee party in her barn on Sunday afternoon and I'm making the Jubilee trifle, bit of a cheat's version otherwise it would be a complete faff! She wants us to wear hats so I will be decorating a big white hat with red, white and blue ribbons and I just might shock the neighbours by showing my legs! I'm secretly hoping someone might ask me to judge some local showing (not a hope). I am very lucky with my neighbours, my bestie neighbour has just opened her home to a family of three Ukrainians, who are invited too. They will probably think we are all completely mad!(not far from the truth!) have a great weekend whatever you are doing, it feels a bit like summer today.

blood_magik

Visit site
Nothing for us, either…

4yo has done his check ligament pratting about in the field so is on day 4 of box rest and the big lad has been at bootcamp after throwing an epic hissy fit at a show last weekend.

Have absolutely no motivation to ride at the moment ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm off for a hack round the farm ride in the glorious sunshine in a minute. He's popping logs brilliantly now but oh my goodness the fuss when I suggested that a different kind of fence the same height was a possibility! You'd have thought it was going to kill him to jump three 6 inch poles laid side by side at 15 inches high. He even banked it ? I'm not sure he's going to be a natural cross country horse, ?, and we haven't even started tackling ponds yet, he has a big thing about not getting his feet wet, that's going to take time, and wellies.

Last edited:

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Well, the weekend has started!

Bunting has appeared around the village so we did a 7am recce to make sure Baby horse was alright with it. He was, thought it was very interesting but not alarming.

Did a bit of schooling when we got back as we have our first Prelim dressage test this week.

283768339_2200351003474343_8075267476854214215_n.jpg