Is Horse & hound anti hunting??

k9h

Visit site
I have just read yesterdays Nag & Dog and Horse & Hound have done it again. On Lucinda Green's feature of riding top horses. Last time she was on the front cover with a dressage horse this time inside of front cover with Robocop the show cob. If you read the articles Lucinda has a Felix the fox sticker on the front of her cap, where as on the inside of the front cover & when she was on the front cover she does not?????
What is going on here???
Did anyone else notice it or am I seeing things?????

bellgave

Visit site
Judging by the content oh H&H I think they probably are pro hunting. Also was yesterdays front cover not a huntsman and his hounds, thats not really anti hunting now is it?

I guess they retouched lucindas hat and got rid of it digitally because in the picture of her riding the cob, I thought a yellow leaf must have fallen from a tree and been stuckon her head!!! I had no idea it was a special pro hunting button!!! Coming to think of it, I have seen her pictured with it before and took no notice, just thought it was another leaf I guess!!

But honestly H&H are clearly not Anti hunt!!!!

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
I wonder if they've noticed yet that I no longer buy it? Instead I favour Farmers Weekly... does what it says on the tin (ie is pro farming), is packed full of useful stuff and not adverts, and is Waaaaaay cheaper!

k9h

Visit site
So why doctor the pictures then?? Obiviousley Lucinda has put the sticker on her hat for a reason so why take it off her cover picture & then again yesterdays when inside the front cover but leave it on for the actual article??
It's not like they put any real hunting in it anymore & that side off it has gone down hill over the last few years. I only buy it as I get it on grooms subs. Wouldn't pay full price for it thats for sure.

bellgave

Visit site
I expect they took it off her pic on the front cover as it is a bright yellow sticker and takes away from an overall nice picture. I doubt there were ant alterior motives. Maybe if it was on the lapel of her jacket and not on her head it wouldnt be such a problem for them, it does look a bit odd in the middle of her head.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am guessing that Felix the Fox is a bit underground and contentious which is why it may have been removed. I think its Beanie hughes the eventer who has them on her skull cap and they always appear in the photos of her eventing. The racing has been moved back and the hunting has not really kicked off - guess they want to avoid the associations with cubbing. Will see when it all kicks off proeprly.

k9h

Visit site
I know their not anti really but it just seem odd how they have doctored Lucindas photos twice?? Just if they are going to do it why not do it on all her pics rather than just the ones at the front?

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Its not the first time they've removed felix stickers for the front cover... I believe they took one off WFPs hat as well?

Bumping so that perhaps come monday Admin can respond..

X

xspiralx

Its probably because, you know, how hunting is illegal now? I doubt a national magazine wants to outwardly be seen to be in support of hunting. Displaying this on the front cover could cause issues.

I fail to see how its really that big a deal - they keep the motif on inside the magazine.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
hunting isn't illegal... we're trail hunting now!

Also, I've read magazines which boast about animal liberation... which is ALSO illegal...