is it bad for him?

samsaccount

Visit site
i bought my pony a garlic lickit but doesn't like it but my dog has taken a very huge liking to it, is he okay to have it? as he is most likely to try and eat it rather than just lick it. any posts are welcome, thanks

vripley

New User
Visit site
Our dogs love garlic. Don't think it'll do him any harm, dogs have cast iron stomachs compared to horses. Worst is that it may give him the squits if he is overindulgent ;-) If it's full of sugar and 'nasties' it won't make him any fatter, give him more rotten teeth than it would have your horse I would have thought :)

samsaccount

Visit site
Bit late he hid it and ate it, made him sick once but he is fine now, and would probably eat one again given half a change, silly animal haha

milor

Visit site
old fashioned remedy for getting rid of fleas is to feed a dog garlic ...so no it won't do him any harm although the sugar in it is'nt ideal !

vripley

New User
Visit site
brilliant! our pup wolved her breakfast down this morning too quickly, was promptly sick and then reate it to stop other dog getting it. luckily I had had my brekkie, they are so gross at times!!