Is it buck-a-roo winter yet?

pagancluf

Visit site
Not been out on Cluf since last week-end, he was a saint last week-end, steady trot, canter etc - today?!?!... took him on a hack with friend and he was a donkey on the roads but as soon as we hit the grass he went into jog, head flinging mode, and was trying to canter side ways...Has everyone elses horses heated up suddenly? It still amazes me that in Summer he is a donkey and in winter a pshyco (check spelling?) also he wants to trow mini bucks in all the time - six in a 200m canter stretch... Do you think I should lunge before go out next time?
confused.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
Yep! ur right..... possibly feeling my 38 years today and not up for the challenge!! BUT I did jump new boy 3ft 3inch afterwards in lesson so feel very brave now!! (I am nervous of jumping and only started this year!!), loads to learn...every day...hey-ho!

ladylisa

Visit site
well im 29 been back riding for 4 years after a 12 year gap. and im not as brave as i used to be! only returned to jumping in august and only did 2ft so i would say you are braver than me...lol

SSM

Visit site
Ahh - he is just such a babe!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told to turn them onto a ploughed field if they start bucking - Just don't tell John!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif

Tinkerbee

Visit site
yep, had bucking fit with the pony on the moor in front of a group of hikers and a bucking fit folowed by a canter down a main road
crazy.gif
(against my will ) with one of the cobs. but that was caused by a motorbike revving up behind him

pagancluf

Visit site
Lady lisa u go for it - I only jumped 3 ft 3 inch cos instructor yellled at me !!! and tinker bee - ta for rely I know what u mean - my boy if hears a motorbike then canters on the spot and is a naughty boy.... ta peeps.....