Is it just kids ponies at the moment!?

SnowPhony

Visit site
After my whole sorry disaster over the last couple of months I have decided that now I will be working again that it is time to start looking for another beasty to loan.

I'd love a bigger native breed ideally, such as highland or welsh cob (had both before and don't think you can beat a native!) however I'm fairly open minded as long as it is 14.2hh and upwards and I can have a lot of fun with and do a bit of everything.

All I seem to come across is kids ponies to loan. Anyone know where all the bigger ponies and fun horses are hidiing?!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
No idea, but good luck and I hope you find something lovely very soon
smile.gif

SnowPhony

Visit site
Want to get my last loan chap back....no chance of that happening though! Animal sanctuary the poor lad has been put in doesn't loan out plus his owner fed them all manner of fibs to get them to take him, and in the process make me look like the villian! Grrr some people!

hadfos

Visit site
people seem to want to keep them as they worth their weight in gold,and atm these types of horses are selling for peanuts
frown.gif
,however...my friend has an awesome horse for sale and she has dropped the price to £5k something and still had no interest??wtf..he BE events to novice has won dressage and qualified for ROR addington,then hickstead 2010,had no phonecalls at all?
They are not selling unless they giving them away
frown.gif

missyme10

Visit site
small ponies always come up as kids keep out growing them.

The bigger ones are hard to find, but sometimes it hard to find a loaner.

I just sold a 14.2hh highland, because I couldn't find a loaner for him, and here u are looking for a native !

SnowPhony

Visit site
Thats a mad price for a horse like that!! I'm not really looking to buy at the moment, although if I can't find a nice sort to loan I may end up buying a youngster again to bring on myself. As I do like a project.

missyme10

Visit site
Yeah highlands are great charachters, well my boy sure was.

Yeah I'd stick lots of adds out saying exactly what you're looking for, I searched the adds at the time of looking for a loaner, but everyone seemed to want competition horses, and not a fun lively pony.

Good luck, you will find what you're looking for in time x

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
I have a 14'2 Haffy up for share and having trouble only had 2 people interested in him but they weren't suitable.. through no fault of their own..

He is such a lovelly chap.. bomb proof in most ways but no one wants to know
frown.gif