Is it just me counting the days & hours till this heatwave is supposed to end??

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
No rain here yet, West Mids. Sky very overcast but still a bit of gleamy sun. Barometer has dropped right back. Wonder if that is why my eyes are struggling. I was blaming it on having the fan going but haven't used it today.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Just stepped out of the (air con) office to take P dog for a comfort break, its 28 out there, not a hint of anything wet at all, just v v humid! Yuk.
Intermittently cloudy and sun.....

Outside chance of rain on Weds on our patch, keeping everything crossed.

tatty_v

Visit site
We're Dartmoor too, and I rejoiced when I woke up to find it raining! I had been bringing my gelding in during the day, as we have a stone American barn which kept cool during the heat, but looking at the forecast for this week he can stay out 24/7 (yay - no more stable chores for now!)

I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant and my body temperature has been higher than normal, but as much as I hated this recent heatwave, I keep thanking my lucky stars that I'm not going to be heavily pregnant in summer (baby is due Feb), as I don't know how I'd cope!

Roll on autumn/winter!

30 weeks pregnant here and absolutely fed up of the heat. Basically me and my fan just wobble round the house as I huff and puff and mop my sweaty brow! I was stupidly heavily pregnant in the hot summer of 2018 too so clearly I have awful timing ?

Hope you’re feeling ok and taking care of yourself!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Still hot and sunny here in Kent, a bit more humid than it has been.
The forecast rain has disappeared until Wednesday now. :mad:

SO1

Visit site
Still roasting hot here. 28C even with the fan on. I live in hope that this might be the last night of heatwave. I haven’t slept properly for weeks.

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
We had a big thunderstorm and torrential rain at about 5am for about half an hour which caused flooding, when that had passed through we had a fine drizzle till about 10am. Yesterday it was 25c and now we have a lovely 17c with a cool breeze. For once I'm glad to live somewhere that is wetter and colder than a lot of other places in the UK.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
No rain here but it is cooler and hazy. I just booked for Rigsby to go do a PAT visit to the local care home on Wednesday, weather permitting. If it rains heavily, it will be out as he parades the back lawn. If it is too hot, it is also out as he is an old man and won't be travelling.

Fingers crossed for perfect weather!

The residents loved it last time and Rigs was proud as punch!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Middle England and still 24 and humid. The horse was far more sweaty this morning after her 6am romp around the village than she was yesterday morning with low humidity. The house is still boiling inside too.

Desperate for rain to settle the dust at the very least.

twofatladies88

Visit site
R55 - my swallows left on 23 August last year- I posted a picture on the photo thread showing them all lined up on the telephone wires. I hope they leave later this year as there are still lots of nests with babies in - just been for a walk round all the field shelters and checked- plenty of activity so no one cooked this time. Still light rain here in Shropshire and much cooler although ponies are demented with aggressive stable flies.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Think I must have done a humidity dance instead of a rain one earlier ?. Desperately praying for rain now having had to do yet another diversion on route to the yard due to a large field fire, that’s the 3rd local one in a week ☹️

First Frost

Visit site
Very humid and still 26 degrees here in Leicestershire. We had a heavy shower which lasted about 5 minutes at lunchtime, dried up within minutes. Really hoping for a thunderstorm tonight! The predicted rain seems to be disappearing from the forecast.

SO1

Visit site
Hardly slept at all 28C overnight in the flat just got up and 26C already.

Hoping for a cooler night tonight haven't slept properly for over a month now due to heat.