Is it just me or.........

Janah

Visit site
I look at my ponies at least twice a day, they live at home. Sometimes I look at my boy and think, you look in need of a good feed, other times I look and think, you are fat. This can be on the same day!

The problem is he has a big tummy, always had in the eight years I've owned him. I tend to look at his ribs, neck and bum to assess his weight. Also at how many holes I do up his girth when I ride him.

Please tell me I am not the only numpty out there.

Jane

Cahill

Visit site
i look at the youngsters and think they look 13hh then i look again and they seem 14hh.(they are actually somewhere in the middle)
doesn`t help me judge very well cos they live on a hill.lol

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
I'm with you Whyworry. Today I was looking at FatBoy and thinking, 'Yeah, not too bad, lost all that flubber you put on when you came and discovered hay and grass for the first time. I can see a hint of ribs, deffo lost weight on your bum and your shoulder chub appears to be getting smaller.' Then the neighbour turned up and said, 'Cor, he's putting the weight on isn't he?' Suddenly I started thinking, 'Maybe he's getting fatter not thinner! That why he looks a different shape'. I had to go and look at the photos of when he had been here a couple of weeks, just to reassure myself that he WAS thinner!