Is it just me???

Covdale

New User
www.covdaledartmoors.bravehost.com
Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here has had the same experience I have over the last year regarding loaning ponies/horses?

I'm beginning to wonder if its me! I know some people have been having problems selling from posts I have seen on here and on other forums its just I like to 'Loan' mine as I get very attached and like to see them settled into their new homes. Not only that but I'd never forgive myself if I sold one and then found out it got sold on and passed from pillar to post!

I (eventually) loaned my stallion to a nice home earlier this year but only after him being advertised for months, I am now trying to loan a young gelding that I have for the simple reason that he is wasted here as I have no rider and he needs to go out and do something, not because I don't have space or time or anything like that. Hes been advertised for a little while now and NOTHING! Is it just me?

Bossanova

Visit site
What is he, more details please!!
If people want a youngster they will generally go out and buy one, I believe most people want to loan schoolmasters. Can understand the stallion too- not that easy to home!

Covdale

New User
www.covdaledartmoors.bravehost.com
Hi, hes a 3 yr old Dartmoor gelding, HOYs potential, and backed ready to go on and do something. Am I doing something wrong? I have thought about putting him on on websites that charge and putting him in H & H but am trying to avoid it as I can't justify paying the costs to advertise when I just want to loan so he is currently advertised on 'free' sites as well as a couple of M&M forums and my website. Maybe I should just sell him and hope for the best but hes homebred and such a 'darling' I don't think I could! Oh decisions decisions
confused.gif

lucyd

New User
Visit site
No, it's not just you. I've got my coloured cob up for loan, and not had much interest at all. School master, competing BD, hunter trials etc and not had much luck. My friend runs a tack shop and she says that everywhere seems to be doing badly with selling things too, whether it be horses, or just items in the shop. It's a shame, my boy has so much to offer.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I've got to be honest I wouldn't want a youngster on loan. All that time and effort and no financial reward at the end of it?