Is it mad?

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
to (when horse hunting) want to buy the first one you see? we're all really worried that we're rushing, but in truth we have phoned up about 20 ponies so far, and although he's the first one we went to see, he ticks all the boxes - he is basically perfect!
confused.gif
so are we being stupid, or is it ok to buy the first one you view?
laugh.gif

Tinker_Belle

Visit site

Definitely ok. If he ticks all the boxes, or is as close to perfect as is possible then I wouldn't hang around to be honest.

How do you feel about it? If you feel happy about it in your heart then I'd go for it. Take notice of your gut feeling, it's generally right.

Good luck!
smile.gif

lynsey1808

Visit site
I bought the first one I saw about 6 weeks ago, best thing I ever did ( so far!). I wouldn't listen to all that don't buy the first one you see stuff, sometimes it is the right thing. Good luck.
grin.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Deffinatly, although ideally it's good to see a few others, so it may be the first but it's not the only horse you've seen.

Jesse was the second lot in (Auction) Ticked one box (Was grey - not the most important box!!) he came in the ring, yearling colt, me and Sara went that one, and within second we were wondering what the hell we'd done, with 300 lots left and the lisit of box ticking lots (I.e three years plus, ready to break, mares..) that we were ment to be bidding on. He is the bestest thing thats ever happened to me : ) One the most promising creatures I know of, and my pride and joy.
grin.gif

Mid

he actually does tick all the boxes... even the very specific ones that we didn't think we'd get... we were looking for a 14.1 - 15hh gelding, 6 - 9 years old, very easy and safe, doesn't have to be a superstar, just a sensible, friendly pony... preferably a gelding.

he's a 14.2hh gelding, 7 years old, very sweet and fun, but really safe too! and he's so cute!!! fingers x'ed for the vetting now...

you guys have made me feel better about it - i do think he's the right one, and i doubt we'll fine anything better suited, but we were all still worrying
wink.gif

Zobaby

Visit site
The most important thing is that he feels right. That gut instinct is the best thing! Although, i've always been to see a couple more, just to compare. But if you feel he ticks all the boxes then go for it (but it is best to go see him at least one more time, just to make sure!)

x

Jay89

Visit site
Think you just got to go with what feels right! If he ticks all the boxes just go for it! Archie was the first one I saw, he was a complete mess, 2 years, unbroken and still had all his manly bits yet he is the best horse I have ever had and is no way I would ever get rid of him!! I knew he was going to be the horse for me!!

Mid

yeah, with our others, we saw about 30 that weren't suitable before we found the right ones, but we were really specific on the phone this time, which i guess helps... ;p

"we want a quiet pony that can be handled by a little kid, HAS to be snaffle mouthed, HAS to be polite in the stable, HAS to not hot up in company/pony club/at shows, HAS to hack out alone and in company, HAS to not bomb off when cantering out and about, has to be a steady jumper (up to 2'6) has to cope with PC camp and rallies, has to be not spooky"

no wonder it took us so long to find one
wink.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Go for it! Went to see mine as a bit of a joyride four years ago, but ending up coming home with him and haven't looked back since - best decision ever, and I wasn't even looking for a horse at the time
smile.gif

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
I would call it damn good luck! When you have been looking at loads desperation starts to set in and you may be tempted to buy something not totaly suitable (bitter experience speaking here). Hope the vetting goes OK and plese do let us know how it goes.