Is it normal? Bitches teats descended

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Hi there all,

It might be completely normal but I have only ever had dogs so this is new to me!!! Since Pixel had her first season her teats furthest to the back have become large and hang down. Is this normal? She is being spade in a few weeks. They are not sore so don't think she has mastitis or anything.

Thank you in advance!!!

Elle

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Its not normal ime no. How long ago was she in season, its possible she could be having a false pregnancy, is she showing any signs of nesting, possesiveness of toys etc?

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Her season was exactly 3weeks and was in August. She has always hoarded toys and clothes. And she's always made herself a little almost nest spinning around in her bed to get comfy. Her behaviour is all a little different but have just put that down to her not being able to see. Just waiting to hear back from the vet at the mo as she's in surgery.

Thank you for the reply MM

Elle

karen_c

Visit site
It could be a phantom pregnancy - any sign of milk?

It might be normal though - my great dane girl had quite obviously descended teats after her seasons and since she was spayed they have tightened back up again.

If in doubt your vet will probably just want to check her over before spaying her - they may want to delay if it is a phantom pregnancy.