is it really that hard!!!!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
To find a connie or connie cross family pony mother daughter share

Seems like it, my livery bought a lovely pony but it was mis sold despite her originally being sold as a companion she went through many hands since then, going back onto the ridden market, and as per my previous post after bronking her off, she is keeping her as companion but now on look out for another one. Seems like connie's are either being sold young or they have been snapped up before she gets to reply to post. Horses must be moving despite the covid 19.

asmp

Visit site
Have you looked on nfed.co.uk? There are a few that haven’t got sold on them but have been posted fairly recently.

chocolategirl

Visit site
To find a connie or connie cross family pony mother daughter share

Seems like it, my livery bought a lovely pony but it was mis sold despite her originally being sold as a companion she went through many hands since then, going back onto the ridden market, and as per my previous post after bronking her off, she is keeping her as companion but now on look out for another one. Seems like connie's are either being sold young or they have been snapped up before she gets to reply to post. Horses must be moving despite the covid 19.
And for big bucks too even though there’s children starving in the country apparently! Crazy crazy times ? so glad I’m not horse hunting right now ?

Widgeon

Visit site
I saw a connie x TB advertised with a dealer / producer up in Northumberland the other day - he ships them in from Ireland and brings them on a bit before selling.

LegOn

Visit site
Connies - even untouched - are going for mental money even over here in Ireland! They seem to just be very popular at the moment!

Annagain

Visit site
Where are you OP? The dealer I got Charlie from (who was lovely and compltely honest) has had quite a few smaller ones in recently - they all come over from Ireland so I assume they would have a fair bit of connie in them. They're not cheap but I would definitely recommend her if you're not too far from Hampshire.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My livery is in Buckinghamshire
trouble is she spent £ 4000 on this current mnare only to find out after saddler,back person, teeth etc she was miss sold. so budget is less now, I can't say how much as it is not my budget

checked on horse mart - free ads- horse quest-preloved any website that sells horses, there are 3 of us looking for her including herself

emilylou

Visit site
My livery is in Buckinghamshire
trouble is she spent £ 4000 on this current mnare only to find out after saddler,back person, teeth etc she was miss sold. so budget is less now, I can't say how much as it is not my budget

checked on horse mart - free ads- horse quest-preloved any website that sells horses, there are 3 of us looking for her including herself

If current budget is less than £4k that is why you cant find anything. In 'normal price' times last year, I sold one for £4.5k, perfect 14.2 Connie allrounder to PC home. I wouldn't have taken a penny less then, and you need £6k+ to find the same at the moment.

Follysmum

Visit site
Not if you have the right budget. They are in demand and very popular. I have a super 4yo, well bred Connie and if he was to be sold I’d want a minimum of 8k for him and I’m fairly sure I’d get it!

My friends have one that will be for sale, he’s amazing and they will be asking similar. I think he’s worth every penny.

Spottyappy

Visit site
She sadly won’t get one for that sort of money, unless she maybe willing to accept an issue.
we Know a local dealer who has Connies, and the prices are through the roof. She may get a youngster if she is very lucky, but they are few and far between.

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
A friend of mine just bought a young Connie and I spent quite a lot of time cruising ads (both to be helpful and because it's fun!) and I'd be stunned if your livery can find one that's sound and sensible for less than £4000 at the moment unfortunately. I feel like they are always popular but even more so than before now and 'COVID times' seem to have bumped up the price of all horses. I think she'd have a lot more luck if she would open her mind to other breeds.

Littlewills

Visit site
You wont find anything suitable, connie or not for less than 4k now sadly. You'd be looking at closer to 8 to 10k for a true sound, easy going mother daughter share. They need up double the budget. Theyve already seen what happens when you try and save money, you end up buying problems

Mary3050

Visit site
Basically yes it’s gonna be hard. Connie are so popular because they are great all rounder, hardy but make a good competition horse. I have had several Connies or cross.

One I paid 6k for a performance breed 3 year old. That had literally competed in loose jumped and been sat on. Direct from Ireland brought at a performance sale 2 years ago.

I have 1/2 Connie x IDX tb mare paid £3000 for her 6 years ago . She had been hacked out not much would pop a small jump in school but was green. 5 year old 15’2 from Ireland.

I have a friend who breeds in Ireland . Prices have sky rocketed . He’s getting £4000 for a 3 year with good performance breeding that’s done nothing. His over height Connie and part breeds are fetching more to. The over heights are so popular now .
They where both brought before the prices went mad . Good luck

windand rain

Visit site
Wouldnt want another Connie in a gift the prices are nuts. Having said that it is only the true value of a properly raised horse of any kind you should expect to pay at least £6000 for any 6 year old as they cost £1000 a year to do right not including accidents emergency and training

EASTIE17

Visit site
Agreed, the last 2 years prices have more than doubled and don’t look like slowing down anytime soon. Prices seem to actually go up again during lockdowns! I don’t know if it’s that people have more money that they can’t spend on anything else, or they are just bored but it’s mental.
i thought the backside would fall out of the market with covid and even with the uncertainty around comps but the price of competition Connemaras is still going up

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I don't know if your friend is still looking but Joanne Shaw Equestrian had a few for sale,I noticed them today as was looking at a different horse on there so no idea of the price but the pictures looked nice.

racebuddy

Visit site
I thinkhorses prices in generl are ridiculous asking 8 to10.000 forhorses that have hacked and a canter really !! I am in the same situation have good budget too xx

Attachments

• 8FB5CC80-BACE-4688-95DB-03BA16456AD6.jpeg
    8FB5CC80-BACE-4688-95DB-03BA16456AD6.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
You wont find anything suitable, connie or not for less than 4k now sadly. You'd be looking at closer to 8 to 10k for a true sound, easy going mother daughter share. They need up double the budget. Theyve already seen what happens when you try and save money, you end up buying problems
They were not trying to save money, the first mare was bought £ 5.999, the mare was mis sold along the line. Nothing to do with budget, she still has the mare who was miss sold so already spent a budget