is it safe to buy saddles off ebay??

xXxTraversxXx

Visit site
Is it safe to buy saddles off ebay. Is there anything to look out for??? thanks
grin.gif

CastleMouse

Visit site
Well I bought a saddle from Ebayu with no problems, just make sure you read the description well, and make sure the seller has good feedback, and definitely get the saddle fitter in to see if it fits your horse!

cariadssogreat

Visit site
I have had both good and bad experiences with buying saddles on Ebay. The best one was a Albion - used 6 times!
Some people mis describe the saddle - which is obviously a big problem with regards to fit etc. I think it is a bit of a gamble but often worth it. I always email them to get them to confirm the essential details, size, fit, make, sound tree! So that I can attempt to persue things if they are not as described.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile horse clipping service in Dorset/Hants/Wilts, PM me or call (07909) 503966

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I got a bargain Thorowgood saddle for 30 quid, which fit my pony fine. You can get ripped off, so just double check the details and if in doubt don't bid!

SilverSkye

Visit site
I bought a lovely kieffer gp saddle off ebay paid £195 for it and it was like new had the saddler out and had it heat adjusted and it couldnt be a better fit.
Kieffers are a good bet to buy as they have a heat adjustable tree that any saddler can adjust for you means its slightly less of a gamble or something like a bates with the inter changeable gullet.
good luck

Happytohack

Visit site
There are some saddlerys that sell new saddles on ebay and offer a 7 day money back deal, as well as manufacturer's guarantee. There have been stolen saddleries on ebay recently (reported in Horse & Hound). There are also private people selling genuine second hand saddles. Just make sure you read the description very carefully and ask for exact measurements. I have sold a couple of saddles on ebay and the buyers have been very pleased with them.

bellgave

Visit site
I bought a saddle off ebay and it was PERFECT!!! However, I knew exactly what I wanted, I wouldnt have done it if I was just looking for a saddle in general. Good idea to get in contact with seller and double check condition and sizes etc. I paid £410.00 for my saddle which arrived in better condition than described, literally like new!! It saved me over £900!!!!

Bought another one which I was looking for, which was as described etc. but just not right for the horse I needed it for, so I suggest trying someone elses before you bid so you know you are getting just what you want!!!

katiejaye

Visit site
I bought a fantastic brand new Henri de rivel Jumping saddle half price on e-bay. Had it checked by saddler and it's perfect! Had it a few months now and I love it.

Blizzard

Visit site
I have bought a Bates saddle from ebay before, it was in excellent condition and only £380, it was too long in the seat for my mare however so I sold it last week, on ebay again, for £500.

Just always get the fit checked, if its 2nd hand it could have uneven wear on the flocking etc.

Nic

Visit site
I have bought & sold saddles on ebay with no problems. Just buy from someone with a decent number of positive feedbacks.

In fact my Albion is on now.
frown.gif

debbielinder

Visit site
i am looking for one at the mo from ebay my horse has a bates gp saddle and although i dont do a lot of dressage ive decided to get a wintec one preferabley the issabella werth one but not fused as i know the bates fit her well

Emily99

Visit site
Just knwo what you want... and don't get the cheapo ones that are on there.. go for known makes that you can trust!
When i was watching saddles.. i went into tmy local tackshops to have a closer look at what they are before bidding.