Is it still muscular?

bellaboo

Visit site
My mare Lizzie usually suffers from a sore/tight area in the muscle's just behind where the saddle sits. When i first brought her she has quite alot of muscle wastage to her right side and this has got better through the years as long as i get her freed up as soon as i feel her getting tight again.

The past couple of weeks she has felt tight again, but this time alot worse than normal, she now looks lame on her right hind, she dosen't cross her hind legs when turned on a circle and looks quite stilted when walking. She was meant to see the physio tomorrow but i cancelled yesterday as she was kicked in the field and had bute so the physio wouldn't have had a true picture. Am gonna get the vet to see her tomorrow as the physio can't make it out before next Friday. Does it still sound like it's muscular or does it sound like something else is going on? This is the worse that i have seen her and I really need to get her sorted a.s.a.p
frown.gif

Nortonlala

Visit site
I don't have the answer but I have exactly the same problem atm in the front right. I experiemented and suspect it may be a shoulder muscle that is sore however, good old Osti shall fix her tomorrow for a barrowload of cash.

Hope your horse is better soon

kerilli

Visit site
very hard to say, but i'd rest her until the vet can check her properly, i wouldn't circle her etc in case it exacerbates the problem.
if it keeps happening on the same side behind the saddle, have you tried a different saddle? seems odd that the same area keeps getting so sore, there must be a reason.

bellaboo

Visit site
Thanks Kerilli, the vet is coming out this afternoon so will see what he says. I have owned her for 6 years now and have been through too many saddles to count, that is mostly to her changing shape and upgrading her saddles but yes the saddle has crossed my mind, and as you say, there must be a reason, just have to work out what it is?