Is it true that....

vicm2509

Visit site
You cannot use a mixed metal bit for dressage? I was riding Baron in a sweet iron peanut bit but the peanut was copper and the loose rings were normal metal.

Someone on the yard told me the whole bit has to be made of the same metal, so I have changed his bit to a normal french link loose ring which luckily he likes. I havent done any dressage yet but wanted to get him going in a bit we were both happy with first.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
This is the link to the rules. It lists the riders apparral & the bits that are allowed. It should answer your questions:

http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/_documents/rules_EquipmentandDress.pdf

smile.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
So that means I can use a sweet iron as long as the whole bit is sweet iron but the rings can be stainless steel?

I was actually quite pleased with how he went in the normal french link, I got quite a fat one which is also hollow and loose ring and he felt so light in my hand. When I bought him he came in an egbutt snaffle and used to fight and lean all the time.

Alibear

Visit site
Vim

Either of your bits are fine, it's new this year that you can now have mixed metals in the mouth piece so your originaly bit would be legal to.