Is Leslie Law still competing in the USA??

Super_starz

Visit site
As title - Just curious and i havent heard his name for so long
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

charliebo

Visit site
Yes. He is living, competing and teaching over there. He spent a lot of time there when younger, training with GP jumper Ian Silitch, and must have liked the climate!

teapot

Visit site
Yes he is, he's on the top 10 leading event riders out there at the mo according to US eventing online

TarrSteps

Visit site
http://www.leslielaweventing.com/news.htm It's not always updated in the most timely manner but gives a pretty good idea what they're up to.

They bought a place of their own in Florida, he has some very nice younger horses doing Young Event Horse and such, and he a good result at Jersey Fresh 3*, leading after dressage then picking up some time and a rail to finish 3rd. Lesley broke her leg very badly so suspect he'll have a few of hers to compete as they move north for the spring season as well.

I'm a bit surprised how little American news makes it on to this board, at least from the larger events, but I guess it's not that hard to understand. Still, there was a horse death at Rolex and another at Jersey Fresh, neither of which got a mention on here. Although, to be fair, neither had to do with a jumping accident or other safety issues.

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Still, there was a horse death at Rolex and another at Jersey Fresh, neither of which got a mention on here

[/ QUOTE ]

It did! - lots of posts about in within the Rolex threads and think there were a couple of actual threads.

The Jersey Fresh one may not but Rolex definitely definitely was talked about!

TarrSteps

Visit site
Sorry, my mistake. I did have a look for what sort of "reaction" there might be (for obvious reasons) but must have missed it. Though, to be fair, that situation had little to do with the safety debates that spark the most commentary. Thanks.
smile.gif