Is my youngster going to make the height?

welshied

Visit site
Hi,
I have a welsh section d that at 2 years old is standing at 14.1hh and i am wanting him to make 15hh as i am tall and his brother is over 15.1hh. Is he likely to make this height as i am now worrying that he won't be big enough for me

romanov

Visit site
welshmonsters, i too have a welsh x 3/4 tb 1/4 id colt who i reckon is about 13.1ish, his mother is a substantial 15.1 and sire is 15.3. i think he will make height but am told that the welshys do take longer time to grow ??? fingers crossed for the both of us

Magicmadge

Visit site
I think that your boy will easily make 15hh. A friend of mine has a welsh boy that grew 3inches between 4 and 5. They normally can grow anything up to a hand between 2 and maturity. Natives do take longer to gain their full height.

cundlegreen

Visit site
My "D" stallion was only 14.1 at two, but was a set of legs with a little body set on top! He is now 15.hands and I ride him in the ring and I am 5ft 7ins with long legs and weigh a lot too so I wouldn't worry.As has been said, some "D"s take a long time to mature, it rather depends on your boys bloodlines. I find the Ebbw Victor lines are late maturers.