Is Parelli bad for the brain?

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
All the 'Parelli' people I meet seem to be a little 'soft' in the brain tbh, is it all that quality time with carrot sticks and green bouncing balls or what? I would love someone to explain it to me - in simple terms please :cool:

joeanne

Visit site
No brainer........(if you will pardon the pun!)
No one with a working brain would buy the rubbish and tat they peddle at such inflated prices!

Crackajack

Visit site
Excuse the comment...im pretty new on here....:eek:

Why does it seem that the majority of peoples dont really use or like Parelli?

I like it - dont use it the way they teach but i incorporate its methods into my own training ;)

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
OK what do you think of my ad:

EVER WONDERED WHY YOUR BALLS ARE ALWAYS GREEN - HAVE YOU HANKERED FOR PINK ONES?

WELL NOW YOU CAN HAVE THEM!

PINK PARELLI BALLS NOW AVAILABLE AT ONLY £250 (PLUS P&P £15)

CRYSTALS (LOOK GREAT UNDER LIGHTS!) CAN BE ADDED TO YOUR OWN SPECIFICATION AT £1.50 PER CRYSTAL (GLITTER EXTRA)

Feel free to amend/add as necessary:)

ilovecobs

Visit site
im not one to go for that sorta thing really but its the only thing that worked for getting my horse to load ( due to bad experince she was WELL put off)

Didnt do the while spending hundreds on allsorts, borrowed the loading dvd of a lady on my old yard and watched it twice and then just improvised in terms of equipment.

She went from point blank refusing to go near the trailer to i stand on the ramp, and she walks in on her own and pops her self sideways whilst i pull the partition across (i have a side loader)

Im still sceptical of it with some people as some people i know use it and their horses really take the p*** outta them day to day and they dont seem to see it.

If i had a problem loader again i would certainly try the new method but as for "oh im going to go and do some parelli" and 10 mins later i see someone with what looks like a orange lunge whip trailing after their horse that is dragging them to grass.. no thankyou :L

BUT i am in debt to the lady who loaned me that DVD, id still be struggling each weekend now if it wasnt for her lol.

Also some people try it and if after 2 mins the horse isnt in the trailer they start whacking round the head and trying to get it to follow feed bowls. <<<that is no exaggeration i know i girl who does it every time she goes somewhere *rolls eyes*

ilovecobs

Visit site
OK what do you think of my ad:

EVER WONDERED WHY YOUR BALLS ARE ALWAYS GREEN - HAVE YOU HANKERED FOR PINK ONES?

WELL NOW YOU CAN HAVE THEM!

PINK PARELLI BALLS NOW AVAILABLE AT ONLY £250 (PLUS P&P £15)

CRYSTALS (LOOK GREAT UNDER LIGHTS!) CAN BE ADDED TO YOUR OWN SPECIFICATION AT £1.50 PER CRYSTAL (GLITTER EXTRA)

Feel free to amend/add as necessary:)

This made me laugh :D you'll be a millionaire in days

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
im not one to go for that sorta thing really but its the only thing that worked for getting my horse to load ( due to bad experince she was WELL put off)

Didnt do the while spending hundreds on allsorts, borrowed the loading dvd of a lady on my old yard and watched it twice and then just improvised in terms of equipment.

She went from point blank refusing to go near the trailer to i stand on the ramp, and she walks in on her own and pops her self sideways whilst i pull the partition across (i have a side loader)

Im still sceptical of it with some people as some people i know use it and their horses really take the p*** outta them day to day and they dont seem to see it.

If i had a problem loader again i would certainly try the new method but as for "oh im going to go and do some parelli" and 10 mins later i see someone with what looks like a orange lunge whip trailing after their horse that is dragging them to grass.. no thankyou :L

BUT i am in debt to the lady who loaned me that DVD, id still be struggling each weekend now if it wasnt for her lol.

Also some people try it and if after 2 mins the horse isnt in the trailer they start whacking round the head and trying to get it to follow feed bowls. <<<that is no exaggeration i know i girl who does it every time she goes somewhere *rolls eyes*

See, to me that is just plain old horse sense, Parelli have made lots of money out of old fashioned horse sense by tarting it up and calling it savvy (American for sense :D ), sadly there are too many people in horses today who lack the basic know all, so they turn to the millionaire Parelli for help.
Those already in the know who don't subscribe are accused of not being real horse lovers - now that really really p's me off :mad:

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
How about:
IS YOUR CARROT STICK BECOMING A BORE?
EVER HANKERED FOR A GREEN ONE?

CUCUMBER STICKS NOW AVAILABLE

£150 (PLUS £15 p&p)

CRYSTALS (WILL LOOK GREAT UNDER LIGHTS) £1.50 A CRYSTAL (GLITTER EXTRA)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Excuse me for being thick, but doesn't parelli just involve flogging a terrified one eyed horse repeatedly about the head, or is that some other natural horsemanship method ?? Hmmmm must be a cult, if said horse's owner can stand there believing every damned word the woman says.......while watching the above. sm x

Last edited:

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Excuse me for being thick, but doesn't parelli just involve flogging a terrified one eyed horse repeatedly about the head, or is that some other natural horsemanship method ??

Yeeeeessss but that's why you need the stick:rolleyes:

Wanna buy a Cucumber Stick, also in Liquorice (black) if you prefer - only £150 - less than half of poppymoo's price :D

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
I believe that there is a simple and rational explanation for all of this.
1. The number of brain cells the parelli convert looses is in direct proportion to the number of times they have hit their horse on the head with a orange stick
2. The Green balls are a subliminal representation of the state of most male parelli practioners manly parts when said horse finds a new game and double barrels them in the ging gang goolies.
3. Any old colour stick or whip will not suffice despite your brilliant advertising. This is because the carrot stick is not a stick or a whip. It in no way is used as a stick or a whip and thus twatting your frankly confused steed around the head with it is in no way cruel. This is because it mimics the horses wild behaviour - if you all took your rose tinted ponio loving spectacles off you would see your mounts bashing each other around the head with expensive orange sticks all day everyday.
sheesh. some people.......

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Good GOD i am soooooooooooooooo thick:eek::eek:

Yes, I would like a black and white version, with one of those gladiator spikey balls on the end please. That'll get the lungeing sorted out won't it. :p sm x

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
In answer to your question...

No, it is NOT bad for the brain. It actually GIVES you one.

Obviously you didn't have the brain to start with so parelli sold you a set of "Common Sense" DVDs so you could reprogramme this natural instinct over a period of time.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Good GOD i am soooooooooooooooo thick:eek::eek:

Yes, I would like a black and white version, with one of those gladiator spikey balls on the end please. That'll get the lungeing sorted out won't it. :p sm x

Ummmmm don't do a black and white one - could do you a red and white one though - a Radish Stick:D

The spikey ball will be extra but I can throw in a rear view mirror for when you lunge him behind you - this is an invaluable tool :D

reindeerlover

Visit site
In answer to your question...

No, it is NOT bad for the brain. It actually GIVES you one.

Obviously you didn't have the brain to start with so parelli sold you a set of "Common Sense" DVDs so you could reprogramme this natural instinct over a period of time.

Oh dear, first post?