is she "in season"?

ladyearl

vvv
OK I know it sounds a bit thick but I think my bitch is possibly in season. Have seen two spots of blood in the last week and things look a tiny bit swollen down below. If I'm right she's into week two and there's been no interest from any dogs. Could she be very unattractive? It would be her first season.

s4sugar

Visit site
Mate-able days are usually about 9 to 15 do she is only just into the danger period. They are actually most attractive when the discharge clears which is why so often people think they are safe and Bang!

Vizslak

Visit site
How old is she? As s4sugar says shes only just into the period that would get a lot of attention but I find other dogs very interested in my girls even before they come in (its only experienced stud dogs that take no notice until a bitch is actually receptive!) its one of my indicators they are about to come in, unwanted interest from other peoples dogs! Some bitches are quite clean but I would expect you have noticed more than a couple of drops of blood. Swelling of the vulva is usually pretty marked as well, although they swell most when the bleeding has ceased. Is she otherwise fine in herself?

ladyearl

vvv
She is fine in herself. 12 month old Border Collie so occasionally bonkers but that is normal. I shall keep an eye on her. Really want to get timing right as she's getting spayed after this season. Would have done it when I got her (8 weeks ago) but rescue and vet both thought best to wait as she could be close....