Is the orange one still unsound? Opinions please?

piaffe

Visit site
I hope this is worth a try, as the video is crap and im guessing you'll all say as such and therefore not be able to comment......

Gave V a whizz around on the lunge this morning, got a bit of video of him on his bad rein and he is LOADS better but do you think he is still unsound?

I couldn't really tell as Im feeling a little queasy this morning so trying to look at him on the lunge made me feel even worse!
blush.gif

What do you think?

Pic first-
IMG012-1.jpg

(trying his new exercise sheet out for size)!

And the vid (hopefully)

piaffe

Visit site
Yep i totally agree.
grin.gif
There were definate nods from what i could see but he is SOOOOO much better and going in the right direction so am over the moon. Not sure what to do with him now though. will probably just leave him out for another week and then see again.

Im a happy Piaffe though, even if he isn't 100%, he's improved lots.
grin.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
sound horses are soooooo much nicer ha ha. Dan is still starting out 'not quite right' which I have to ignore for 5-10mins to allow him to loosen up. I spot the slightest lamenesses with him now and am like nooooo not again if anything more than negliable!! I think could almost be classed officially paranoid as to his level of soundness
wink.gif

piaffe

Visit site
Yes! I am the same! Totally paranoid now!
blush.gif
Just waiting for it to happen. I think its worse if you don't know whats wrong. As the vet was unable to find anything, everyone kept saying it was his feet. he has fronts on now (had them on thurs) so there is a possibility that they are right!
grin.gif

So infuriating though, i wanted to affiliate last month and be out and about!
mad.gif
Aren't i selfish!
blush.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
yes very frustrating not knowing what the problem is took 2 years of errrs, minors and could bes before I finally changed vet for them to diagnose problem (which was a combination of things hence hard to pin down) within about 5 minutes! But I now have a horse who could very easily go lame in both fronts and hocks at any point hence the paranoia although currently *hugs a forrest whilst crossing every available body part* other than not quite stepping through as much with one hind (although tracking up with both for first time in 2-3 years) he has been consistently sound for 1-2 months
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Pretty much sound - I would get on and start walking him to be totally honest - have you started hacking him yet? If so take him for some walk hacks - much nicer than being in the school - at least then if he goes lame at walk you KNOW that there is something more serious going on

BBs and Weezy
laugh.gif
(scoffng bacon and egg sarnies -ewwwwww my keyboard is greasy now)

piaffe

Visit site
Thing is, he's such a lunatic out on hacks that i cannot take him out until hes done an hours work!
blush.gif
So we wouldn't be able to just walk. The same goes for the school, id have to lunge him first before i get on him as he's had such a long time off.
frown.gif

Wish i could have bacon and egg sarnies!
frown.gif
Cooking roast beef for lunch though!
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
For some reason PB isn't playing vids properly for me atm - GRRRRRRR It keeps stopping and starting them
mad.gif
mad.gif
However, I will say that I like his new exercise sheet - though it does drown him rather
blush.gif
He is also looking very smexy and well in himself!

S_N

Visit site
99p I WANT ONE!!!!! That's BRILLIANT!!! I really do like the colours!! PB just doesn't like me and my puter atm - took me 6 attempts to load some piccies last night
mad.gif

SilverSkye

Visit site
He looks pretty much sound to me, is so difficult though i know with my horse the harder you look the more convinced you are they are lame! he is looking fantastic to say he has had time off and that exercise sheet was a right bargain!!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
His striding in front looks pretty even but there was the odd nod of his head and the occaisional short stride. I haven't been following what is wrong with him but he looks ok, it would be easier to tell watching him trot on a straight line on a hard surface to be honest but he certainly doesn't look hoppping lame.

Fingers crossed for you
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
He looks pretty sound to me - there were a couple of spots where I was unsure whether it was him unlevel or the ground??

piaffe

Visit site
oh i could kiss you all!
blush.gif
You are right Tia, sometimes i think its ther surface. its sand but also has stone dotted around (
mad.gif
) its really crap actually. not making excuses.
I thought summer was lame shortly after we moved there (she was barefoot) until someone pointed out the stones! Doh! However, saying that i know its not the only prob this time around.

thanks everyone!

teapot

Visit site
Looks sound to me bar only a couple of iffy strides - but that could like you say be the surface more than anything else

Liking his new exercise sheet too

piaffe

Visit site
Thanks! The idea is that, with a saddle on, i will be able to pull it up more at the front so it wont look so bad.
grin.gif
But for 99p, i dont care if it drowns him!
wink.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
I am renowned for think Sam is lame in the school. I can't count the number of times I have taken him out and had someone watch me trot him up on the concrete... always sound as a bell.

Looks fine to me given the surface
grin.gif

Didn't even know he had been lame, hope his recovery continues.

piaffe

Visit site
Thanks! Hes been off for about 5 weeks now!
shocked.gif
Totally messed up our progress and we will have to go back to square one but i dont care! Just hope he stays sound and i can actually get out and compete him! He likes to party.
grin.gif