Is there a poem?....

Carlosmum

Visit site
In memory of a dearly loved dog. i hope someone has one or could find me a link. MIL had her elderly cairn PTS yesterday, after a lot of persuasion from family members and the vet. She was a rescue dog of unknown history & was given much love for her last few years with the In Laws.
Thanks all.

missmatch

Visit site
So this is where we part, My Friend, and you'll run on, around the bend. Gone from sight, but not from mind, new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on; I'll find the strength, life measures quality, not its length. One long embrace before you leave, share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true, but they be they, and they aren't you. And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought, will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed, the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed. And as you journey to your final rest, take with you this...I loved you best.
-Jim Willis

{97702}

Visit site
"There are meadows here to run in,
And plenty of rabbits to chase.
There are other dogs to play with,
To frolic with and race.

So please don't worry about me,
My spirit feels light as can be.
There's no more pain to plague me,
I'm young again and free.

And I'll be watching over you still,
of that you can be sure.
I'm your canine guardian angel,
And my love for you remains pure."

My lovely friend/dog sitter posted this with a gorgeous picture of my Islay greyhound on Monday - made me cry buckets but I think it is lovely :)