Is there any way you could find out,

moodymare1987

Visit site
About a horses family tree, my friend has a horse, she knows who his grandsire is but not a clue who his dam or sire is, is there anyway you can find out?? Im not sure where to look, i have looked up the grandsire but cant really find anything, im stuck and ideas please xx
smile.gif

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
Is the horse registered? If so get in contact with the registering society.
Also, If the grandsire is registered then you should be able to get info on that through the relevant society on his side, however, If the dam was not, it will be hard, if not impossible, to trace the full pedigree. As far as I know anyway.
Hope this helps
Dawn

moodymare1987

Visit site
Thanks, as far as i am aware he isnt registered, as he is highland x id x new forest so he couldnt be registered under anything as he is not pure bred, what ive been told anyway?? The grandsire is a registered highland. major of whitefield xx

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
the only thing I can suggest is contacting the highland register association, and see if you can contact the breeding agent for the grandsire and go from there, then you may be able to find the horses sire, then dam and so forth. but I think it may be a bit of a long shot.
It would be interesting to know how you get on and what you find though, please keep us posted

Best of luck
regards
Dawn

JessPickle

Visit site
There is a highland forum. My friend is a member you could try that. A breeder on there or dealer or something may know something

threeponies

Visit site
Major of Whitefield is on allbreedpedigree.com, he is a well-known Highland. There is a picture of him too, you need to hover your cursor over the picture after his name. Hope this helps!