Is this a realistic price? Iveco Lorry

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
My friend/instructor has got a 10 tonne Iveco Horsebox lorry she wants to sell, mechanically its sound as a pound, its taxed and plated until next March but the floor needs replacing and the ramp is quite heavy where that was repaired last year. Its in really good condition though and has never let her down. Its about a E reg I think and she is after about £3,000 for it. You need a HGV to drive it and if anyones hubby is good at doing repairs (hers isn't!!) then i am sure it won't cost the earth to get the floor replaced.

Does the price sound ok?

Ferdinase514

Visit site
You could get a 7.5 ton E-reg for around £5000 or £6000 that doesn't need much doing. I sold mine for £6000 in July and it was in VGC.

A new floor will be around £1000 - this is what I paid for one in my 7.5 ton truck.

If you still wasnt to consider it, get a good look under the cab at the cab supports and wheel arches for corrosion. This is where my ford cargo kept having problems and needed regular welding...very expensive. This is what caused me to sell it eventually.

Also the HGV test can be very expensive to take, with lessons, medicals etc.

Sorry to sound down on the idea....but I think I would think it could be expensive (unless you have HGV).

benrolo

Visit site
I bought an L reg 7.5T off ebay for £3,800 needs a bit of tidying up but I have had a safety check and service done for £200, the work done for it's MOT (£500). I have to say I preferred my 4x4 and trailer though, so I'm going to sell it in the spring, looks like I could make a profit!