Is this a red flag in a youngster?

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
So sorry to hear your news.
Me too, which is why I need to likes of my trainer and this forum to keep me on the straight and narrow and not buy something totally broken

Another very experienced friend said something I hadn’t thought of that is very true - even if she comes sound in a few weeks, I will always have to be very selective of where I run her and the ground.[/Q

My horse doesn't have issues but I'm very selective about the ground he runs on. It's just common sense to me.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Oh yes it is common sense to be selective of the ground. I just mean I would have to be even more selective. A few of the training courses near us have all weather take off and landing, which I presume would make her lame…

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I’d walk away too. Sorry OP. :(

Something will pop up.. in all seriousness look at the Irish market. Bought my unbacked 3yr old unseen from there (found a highly recommended vet that actually does a proper 5* and not a irish vetting as many people tell me their 5* vettings are 2* over here) and the seller was extremely genuine. Not all of them are dodgy but have to know what you’re looking for.

J_sarahd

Visit site
X-racer, not strong enough to actually race, lame and with a sore back.
I wouldn't even consider her for free, unless you had clean back xrays as screams potential kissing spine.

I would walk away, you can do better than that for £4.5k budget.

Very true. You’re right - there’s not a lot in my budget but there’s at least sound horses in my budget

J_sarahd

Visit site
I’d walk away too. Sorry OP. :(

Something will pop up.. in all seriousness look at the Irish market. Bought my unbacked 3yr old unseen from there (found a highly recommended vet that actually does a proper 5* and not a irish vetting as many people tell me their 5* vettings are 2* over here) and the seller was extremely genuine. Not all of them are dodgy but have to know what you’re looking for.

I am genuinely tempted by the Irish market as they do have some nice things. Buying unseen scares me a bit and I’m not sure where to even look

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
The yard I got my lad from has just advertised a chestnut gelding, ex racer ( pointer). They have taken him xc schooling but needs work on the flat. He is in Cambs.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I am genuinely tempted by the Irish market as they do have some nice things. Buying unseen scares me a bit and I’m not sure where to even look

Ready to get a bashing.. but I found my mare on Donedeal.ie I often see a few nice types on there but have to fish out the dodgy/non genuine sales.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Of course!

14.3-16hh
3-7 years old
Preferably mare but happy for gelding
Don’t mind forward and quirky, just not crazy or dangerous
Backed but don’t mind lightly backed
Long term aim is to event up to BE100 (if I’m ever brave enough) but I understand that anything with proven potential is out of my price range.
Budget is up to £5k - hence why its all ex racers!

AandK

Visit site
Where are you based OP? Take a look at Suzy Smith racing page on FB, there is a 5yo 15.2hh mare for sale, they are in the South East.

J_sarahd

Visit site
Where are you based OP? Take a look at Suzy Smith racing page on FB, there is a 5yo 15.2hh mare for sale, they are in the South East.

I am in Leicestershire but happy to travel. Just had a look at the mare seems nice! Thanks!