Is this bit too low in his mouth....?

emmiec12

Visit site
Is this bit too low in his mouth....?

[image]
Decsface.jpg
[/image]

i was advised to try a 'chin' strap from the top loops to stop the bit twisting - won't this just rub on the noseband?

Cliqmo

Visit site
No it doesn't look too low to me. What is the link on the mouthpiece? Perhaps try changing from a single joint mouthpiece to a french link if you're worried about it?

Ranyhyn

Visit site
As far as I know it should just cause a few wrinkles at each corner, which it looks to be - not sure if this is different for different bits though. I thought a chinstrap would just give it an almost curb action..?

Trubie

Visit site
I wear my dutch gag about this height, as when you use the action the bit comes slightly higher anyway if that makes sense)!
smile.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
TBH emmie, you can't really see whether it's too low or not as the noseband is holding it in place
wink.gif
If you are really worried, take another pic with bottom strap of noseband removed
smile.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
i cant really see in the photo how many wrinkles there are in the corner of the mouth...as it isnt detailed enough...but it looks about the right height in his mouth.

i was always told it should have 1 or 2 small wrinkles in the corner of the mouth.
smile.gif

xx

shortstuff99

Visit site
I use a chinstrap with my dutch gag and i just put the nose band up a hole to stop it catching but i dont use a flash so i dont know if then that will be too high? Sorry probs that much help! lol