Visit site
Is this dried ragwort in my haylage? Can’t decide. Appreciate any thoughts x

Attachments

• 69CFC97A-77E4-4156-BEBD-3EE373C79DB2.jpeg
    69CFC97A-77E4-4156-BEBD-3EE373C79DB2.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 155

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
It doesn't look like ragwort to me, but I can't work out what it is either, so I'm unwilling to say I'm certain. Ragwort cut at haymaking time normally has a woody stem that supports the flowers. The typical ragwort leaves attached to that woody stem are what I would look for, other non-toxic plants can have similar daisy-like flowers.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It doesn't look like ragwort to me, but I can't work out what it is either, so I'm unwilling to say I'm certain. Ragwort cut at haymaking time normally has a woody stem that supports the flowers. The typical ragwort leaves attached to that woody stem are what I would look for, other non-toxic plants can have similar daisy-like flowers.

This but those don't look like ragwort, or any daisy-like flower to me

meleeka

Visit site
It doesn’t look like the ragwort I found in hay 😡 That was still slightly green and not as bushy. I ended up sending a sample to Prof.Knottenbelt at the University of Liverpool at his request, as I’d emailed photos and he wasn’t sure - what a wonderful helpful man he is :) you could do the same, email the photo and he’ll get one of his colleagues to look.