Is this dried ragwort?

Palindrome

Visit site
I have just found these yellow flowers in a newly opened bale of hay, some of the stems are purple and some are green. Is it ragwort?

im.jpg
im2.jpg

ponynutz

Visit site
Does look suspiciously ragwort-y to me. I'm not 100% sure but we've had a lot of this in our bales and just kept an eye out for it when filling nets - better to be safe. It hasn't ever hurt our horses but as I say we always pulled it out if we saw it :)

Mudfukkle

Visit site
Difficult to say without seeing the whole plant. If the stems are purply near the bottom, then yes it could be Ragwort. I wouldn't take a chance, like someone else has said - pull it out.

PurBee

Visit site
I think that looks more ragworty than hawksbeard/cats ear - the old flowers are generally longer than wide on the latter, and the striations of the outer flower head are very marked on ragwort, like in your pics.

Its a shame there’s not more leaf shape showing, as that will have dried and crushed off within baling.

The purple stem is a ragwort indicator too in some common species of it. I grew some here and dried it to witness its dried look. Blotchy, uneven colouring of stems, some green, some brown, some purple.